1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£1400 to spend on a 42" Plasma/LCD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Pete872, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Pete872

Pete872

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right as my 6year old Panasonic widescreen has gone kerput, I'm in the market for a plasma or LCD (I realise that LCD may be out of my price range).

I'm not really that bothered about a HD model but it must be at least 42". I have top whack of about £1400 to spend. I know with all the HD models now hitting the market that it could be the time to pick up a bargin.

It will have NTL,DVD player and possibly a speaker system plugged into it. I'm not into games consoles so they dont need to be taken into consideration.

So can anybody help me out on a suitable model. As you may have realised i'm not the most clued up on these things so any help at all would be very much apprieciated.

Thanks,

Pete.

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Pete, you sound like me when I was looking for a new plasma. Not interested in HD at this stage, I just wanted a good quality TV to run Sky and DVD.

I ended up choosing the Panasonic PE50. The reasons were simple. I loved the looks. I had the choice of wall, pedestal or fully integrated stand. I thought the colours were excellent, and the blacks were better than anything else I had demo'd.

It has more than enough connectors built in for your kit to. Hope this helps :)

3. dickst3

dickst3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Same here, although after initially looking for a PE50 I bought a PWD7 because it was cheaper, you don't need the tuner and the PQ is supposed to be slightly better.

4. Pete872

Pete872

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys they're both on my tocheck out list ;)

Anyone else with suitable suggestions?

Thanks,

Pete.