£1300 budget for a gaming plasma

neil c

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im new to this forum, and so far Ive found alot of useful information available.

Ive been looking at buying a plasma for under £1300, preferably 42 inch, which will mostly be used for consoles, DVDs and a PC input.

I first noticed the Hyundai 4250 at Powerhouse for £1099. Its got the right inputs, but Ive heard mixed reviews. The good reviews seemed to be from first time plasma buyers, who like me, wont have access to (or the finance for) high end kit.
Ive seen a bad review, but that was from HornyDragon, who obviously has a great deal of experience in this field, and hes probably alot harder to please when it comes to picture quality.

Ive done a fair bit of research, and I think Ive grasped most of the pros and cons of the Hyundai, i.e. no HDCP support, average picture quality and I dont need speakers.

Does anyone know of any other plasmas that are within my budget? There seems to be a fair few owners of the Panasonic plasmas, particularly the PW7.

Thanks
Neil

If you don't need speakers, the PW6 or 7 could be your baby. It might just exceed your budget with a video board and a mount of some sort. the prices you see are just the panel with a VGA port.

richer sounds have the pw7 for 999. that is what i am going to go and get tomorow. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom