1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£1300 5 speaker setup advice needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by wilders, Dec 31, 2002.

1. wilders

wilders
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,
    I need some advice on speakers.

I have a Yamaha 596rds receiver, which Im pretty happy with, but need to get some speakers (currently using some old gale floorstanders which Id like to upgrade, and dont own centre or rears)

Basically, I have around £1300ish to spend, and would like a decent 5 speaker set up to fill a fairly large front room which measures 22feet by 14feet. Maybe add a sub later but at the mo the 5 speakers is my priority.

I've read about the Kef Q AV7 system which seems good vlue, any opinions or other ideas chaps?

Cheers
    Wildersqui

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Acoustic Energy Evo3 Cinema setup, B&W 603 with matching centre and 600 rears, Tannoy Revolution R3 with matching centre and R1 rears, Quad 21L and matching set?? Also check out Uncle Erics Power Buy on Velodynes on this site if you want sub/sat. Gallo's Micro Balls?

Go demo the Kef Q7 range before buying. I find Kef floorstanders to be a bit unbalanced in sound of top-end versus bass. Their Q1 bookshelf design is a very good speaker without the slower bass issues lower down.

Basically get down to a good dealer and demo. :) Your Yamaha amp has a warm tone, so look for speakers which are brighter for the best sound mix.

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If UK based check out www.hifibitz.co.uk for monitor audio bronze and silver series

Gary