1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£13/1500 for a plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dubledene, Mar 14, 2005.

1. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in the hunt for a plasma in the next few months and wandered into richer sounds and was imensley impressed by the pictures on their panels, and was even more impressed when i seen their prices, as im not too clued up on plasma tech i was wondering if the plasmas rs sells are any good, obviosly there not gonna be the newest model but how many people on this forum have panels which are 2/3 years old???

2. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    try a search mate £1500 buys alot of plasma these days...Brand new Panny PW7!!!

4. Billyfergus

Billyfergus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the LG PX11. It is in the right price range and can be had from John Lewis with a free 5 year warranty for less than £500.

It has excellent connectivity and has speakers supplied so you would not require any other boards or amp to get it up and working.

I have one and am delighted with it.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Have you left the 1 out, Billy? Dubledene, you need to decide if you need a TV or just a display. At your kind of budget, the LG might well make some sense as a TV. If you don't need the tuner, speakers and connections you can do better. You'd most likely need to have a reasonably up to date AV amplifier to go the display only route. If you have to buy this, and speakers too, you'll end up nearer £2k, but you would then have cracking surround sound to match your large screen.

6. dubledene

dubledene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    at the mo ive got a rdr gx7, mission fs1 7 .1 speakers , and a pioneer vsx d 912 ampam completly bamboozled by what boards ill need if any ideally i want a plasma with the speakers!

7. Bearded_Malc

Bearded_Malc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    NEC 42VR5 is worth a look too. Better connectivity than PW7, future proof and some think a better picture (some don't so you need to decide).