• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

£1200ish what projector

A

alcolepone2

ok has been ages since i first started looking to buy a projector.

a job move, a new house and diy have postponed buying a new "tv"

when i was first looking the hs50 was £1600, since then the hs60 has come out and knocked the price right down to £1150. but heres the problem, a new generation of projectors have come out, such as the ae900 for less than £1100...

i'd like to hear some advice as what to get. the hs50 still looks better on spec, but its been a while since i saw it in action, and havnt seen the ae900. of course i will view them first, but wonderd if i should look for any others.

prefer the sound of lcd compared to dlp, as it has to be HD ready.

another question is... whats the refresh rate of these projectors. i realise the responce time is important on lcd screens, are they still important for projectors. i ask because a large porton of the projectors time will be spent playing games.

jamieuk23

Banned
Hi mate I thinkt he best PJ for your price range has to be

Hitachi PJTX200 Projector

the reviews for this PJ are excellent and is defo 1 of the best for your price range.

If I had the cash I would buy it with a blink fo a eye !!

:thumbsup:

sponsz

Standard Member
Strictly speaking that's not the best price available right now, unless you're particularly keen to get an extended three year warranty. It irritates me how they bundle that in without giving the budget-conscious consumer the choice to exclude it.

Istanbul2005

Standard Member
A quick google search brings up the usual suspects for the TX200.
DiscountTV have the 3 year warranty, Ivojo have the lowest dealer price and
there's ebay.

I'd also have a look at the Sanyo Z4 which has a similar price and a free
lamp voucher.

jamieuk23

Banned
sponsz said:
Strictly speaking that's not the best price available right now, unless you're particularly keen to get an extended three year warranty. It irritates me how they bundle that in without giving the budget-conscious consumer the choice to exclude it.

so what is then ??? enlighten us

A

alcolepone2

cheers for advice, havn't seen that projector,

looks ugly, though i guess its looks arnt important :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom