1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£1200 to spend

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by GeordieKeith, Oct 28, 2002.

1. GeordieKeith

GeordieKeith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have £1200 to spend on a new 32" Widescreen TV. I am obviously looking for the best picture and sound I can get. I am interested in any TV's in this range that people were impressed with.

Also, although a bit above my limit, the Phillips 32PW9617, although seems to get good reviews are owners of such tv's impressed.

Thanks

Keith

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    One very very happy 32PW9617 owner here! Well worth every penny of the £1270 I spent on it. :D

3. GeordieKeith

GeordieKeith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rct,

I thought the 32PW9617 was more in the £1600 region? I am sort of tied to a store (as I have a lot of vouchers) so I was not looking to get of the internet.

Out of curiosity where did you manage to get it for that price, they might be able to price match which would be excellent as I really do like the Phillips.

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    John Lewis in Bristol pricematched Robertson's in Glasgow (£1230) and then added £40 for delivery and set-up.

Good luck;)

5. capese21

capese21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I have just purchased a Toshiba 32Z23. I had had three Panasonic 100hz sets and all were faulty so went back.
    I am so far deligtrd with the Tosh. It is a standard 50hz nicam set, the picture quality is very good.
    I watch all DVD`s and broadcast TV with sound through my AV amp so the built in sound is not an issue although it is perfectly ok if needed. It only has two scarts so I have used the RGB one for the DVD and the other for the set top box giving composite.

I paid £655 delivered which is about £100 less than the shops.

If you want a 32" TV with good picture quality but with out paying for features you will never use then this TV is a great choice!!

Ed