£1200 budget - Desktop

nufc_fan

Established Member
Reaction score
Budget of £1200 for light gaming and mostly photo editing.

Must have a 500GB SSD, ideally M.2, what do you suggest? I would build but prefer a custom PC company....I already have a monitor.

Scan, Overclockers, Aria all do either bundles or systems. Have a look at those, then post back here with something we can look at and edit accordingly.

I think the M2 SSDs will eat up more cash - I think that a 500Gb Samsung EVO and a 256Gb M2 SSD are nearly the same price for instance.

Its universally recommended for an Intel build as well (sadly, we would love some competition from AMD) so make sure you select an i5 or i7.

Check out the Intel NUC 6i7KYK, it's a kit so you have to add Memory and the SSD but the form factor is great and it's powerful enough.

Light gaming as in 1080p I'm assuming and what games? Depending on the games you should be just fine with a gtx 1060 gpu

Light gaming as in 1080p I'm assuming and what games? Depending on the games you should be just fine with a gtx 1060 gpu
With a budget of £1200 may as well get a 1070

Those are quite some Graphics Cards for light gaming.

With a budget of £1200 may as well get a 1070
You could but since he said light gaming I'm assuming he wants to do more productivity so he could use the money for a good 500gb ssd or something.
For example if he just plays overwatch or wow/ Dota type games a 1060 will be more than fine

I would get a 1070 if the budget works with the 500gb ssd, and it should at £1200.

PC gaming evolves very quickly and I would want my PC to have at least legs for 4 years buy the best tou can now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom