• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

£120 To Spend what do you reckon

stevemcc

Standard Member
I have £120ish to spend on a graphics card and can't decide what to buy.
I've been looking at a saphire 5770 for DX11 compatibility(and OCUK have them slightly reduced) but not sure.

Anyone have any suggestions,

My system is uner construction but is based around a QX9750, and will be used mainly for gaming.

stevemcc

Standard Member
Hi all
Ive just this very morning recieved my Antec 650W PSU so plenty of power I hope.
Now got to decide on which make of Card to buy:
Saphire Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [21163-00-20R] Graphics and Video ATI HD 5770 Series

Powercolor Scan.co.uk: AX5770 1GBD5-MDH - 1GB Powercolor HD5770, PCI-E 2.0(x16), 1200MHz GDDR5, GPU 850MHz, Cores 800, 2x DL DVI-I/HDMI

or spend a bit more and get a XFX Scan.co.uk: HD-577A-ZNFC - 1GB XFX HD5770, PCI-E 2.0(x16), 1200MHz GDDR5, GPU 850MHz, Cores 800, 2x DL DVI-I/HDMI

I've always had Saphire and had no problems with them, I've heard good things about XFX, and I know practically nothing about Powercolor.

Any recomendations
Thanks

PhoenixRising

Established Member
I'd get the Powercolor one. It's a fine brand and it's the cheapest. Plus these cards all seem to be built on the reference design so there'll be no difference between them.

KalC

Established Member
Just to echo what PhoenixRising said, they are all essentially the same card. Ive never used Powercolor, but have used both Sapphire and XFX. The Sapphire has the better cooler which I would imagine is quiet too. XFX usually have pretty decent bundles and excellent warranty and service.

I would say go for the Sapphire from OCUK as it has similar cooling to my 5750 and can highly recommend it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom