£1100 - £1200 to spend but my head is hurting....

Indecisive

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I need some help guys. I had decided on a sammy A656 Plasma but keep hearing horror stories so not sure about it anymore.

Now that I have just sold my Pioneer PDP-503HDE I'm now on the hunt for something new to fill it's space and quickly.

I would like:
50"+ Size
1080p
24p
Plasma (although not sure if the new led screens are the way to go)
100hz would be nice

Is the Panny PZ80B the way to go or is there a better option for the money (LG, Sammy, Sony

I will be running PS3 (gaming & Blu-ray) & Virgin V+

Please help, my living room has lost it's soul :lease:

So is this the general consensus on here then, 50" TV with around £1K to spend = Panasonic TH-50PZ80B (no compromise)

Are they really that good for the money?

You could always go for a Pio, which are better in most senses :smashin:

If you can do £2K plus.

LG, Samsung etc aren't a patch imo, but go look for yourself, is what I say :smashin:

i paid 1070.00 for one of these sets today from currys and it came with a serano glass stand so a good deal i thought, test drove it for 2 hours on freesat they had and a demo disc of hd footage, was very impressed for the price, only thing is the website stopped selling them today as they have completely sold out and they said i might have to wait between 2 and 6 weeks for them to come back into stock, i paid cash and will suffice with my 42 sharp lcd for the time being, i couldnt find anything else for the money that compared, if i had an extra 900 id have bought a pioneer though.

lol sorry, its the panasonic th50pz80b , the invoice/reciept doesnt have a delivery date or ref as there not in stock even at the depot, it just says we are unable to confirm a delivery date blah blah until it comes back into stock, wish i could have found one for similar money in stock..

Hiya Vx220.

I think that 6 weeks is looking more likely than 2 weeks.

Panasonic dont have any in the UK at the moment and were waiting for the exchange rate to change before bringing any more into the UK the last I heard.

I hope I'm wrong :-(

some stores have a few in stock at 1200 so i guess if i can get currys to refund me in cash il be willing to pay the extra for this set, i much prefered this to the lg scarlet, did u mean 2 months?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom