£1000 to spend on a projector

whedon

Novice Member
Had a thread here a while back looking for a recommendation for a projector, went with the HD144X, and liked it but opted to return it due to an issue and have decided to double my budget and now looking to spend £1000 or thereabouts on a projector. Know that it's the low range for 4k but just looking for recommendations from others on what the best projector for the money is.

whedon

Novice Member
Looking into it and narrowed it down to one of the following: Optoma UHD51, ViewSonic PX747-4K, BenQ TK800M, Epson EH-TW7000, Benq W2700 or Benq W2700

Thinking of going with the Optoma UHD51 as it seems pretty decent. Got one for just over £1000 so quite happy unless there are other recommendations.

Last edited:

htliam

Standard Member
Can I ask where you're seeing the W2700 for £1000? PriceSpy and everywhere else I can find are selling for £1,400.

whedon

Novice Member
Can I ask where you're seeing the W2700 for £1000? PriceSpy and everywhere else I can find are selling for £1,400.

I'm not sticking exactly to the £1000, that would be ideal but if I see a good deal happy to go above. Think that W2700 was about £1250 on one of the regional amazon sites at the weekend. I want to buy local but the difference between ordering from Germany and the UK or Ireland is up to £300. Seeing if Richer Sounds will beat the prices I've seen as they claim to on their website.

whedon

Novice Member
I always want to buy local but when I can save over 400 euro using a regional amazon over a local store then it's an easy choice. Waiting for Richer Sounds to get back to me with not just the price match but the amount they will beat the price by. If they do it then in the coming months they also get my business for a surround sound system and a projector screen upgrade.

whedon

Novice Member
Going to be ordering from Germany, Richer Sounds won't price match as it's from amazon.de and does not have their guarantee. Looked for best price and it's what's on the site. Would love to buy locally in Ireland but the 400 I'll save will go towards a decent screen. I had hoped that RS would even over a couple hundred off as I've quite a few bits to pick up but won't be using them as my go to.

moujik

amazon screwed me over return postage refund. They told me just to send it and they return the postage if the item is faulty, which it was, which is why I got a refund for the initial purchase from Projection center.. but they wanted to give me vouchers for the chance to buy with them again instead of money as they promised. The customer service is atrocious. First line is clueless. Second line promise you stuff, which never happens..

DaddyR

Hi @whedon - did you go with the UHD51? I am looking at that model and wondered what you thought of it

whedon

Novice Member
Hey @DaddyR, ended up with the UHD51 and quite happy with it. Only spent about 10 hours with it and it's been sitting on the table behind my desk for the past few weeks but I've a large screen ordered for it which once I have I'll be using the projector a lot more. Based on my time spent with it I have no real complaints to speak of so far.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Second hand 9300
Second hand JVC X5000+

Surely.

DaddyR

Hey @DaddyR, ended up with the UHD51 and quite happy with it. Only spent about 10 hours with it and it's been sitting on the table behind my desk for the past few weeks but I've a large screen ordered for it which once I have I'll be using the projector a lot more. Based on my time spent with it I have no real complaints to speak of so far.
That's a relief! I got a great deal on the UHD51 from a refurb on eBay. But the room isn't ready yet so it (and all the other kit) is piled up ready to be installed. Probably after Christmas now 😟

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom