1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£1000 to spend on a 32-37" TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Pete872, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Pete872

Pete872

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is my 1st post so please be gentle.

I'm a total novice when it comes to all the different terms and technologies that are around at the minute. Like HDTV ect, (what it that, and why do I need a tv compatable with it?)

I have £1000 to spend on a TV weather is be a LCD, Plasma, or even a normal tv I'm leaving that to you good people.

I went out yesterday and bought the 26" lcd that asda are selling at the minute as a stop gap while I gen up on lcd/plasma tv's. I must say the asda one has a fantastic picture through sky digital but is terrible through "normal" tv channels bbc1,2, itv, channel4 and five all have vertical banding on them and ghosting as well as bbc 1&2 being fuzzy. But all this is irrelivent as the size is too small for me so it's just short term solution.

I dont need a tv capable of gaming all I require it for is normal tv,sky+,dvd,video (although less and less nowadays) and I also have a Sony surround sound that wont be plugged in until I move house.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and like I say i'm a complete novice so any help at all in helping me find a decent TV would be great.

Cheers,

Pete. :thumbsup:

2. sholao

sholao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forum.

My advise would be to have a read on the forum and see what is available and why people go for different models.

As you already have bough an LCD, you are not in a hurry so play with the TV, connect various things to it, this will give you a feel for how different souces produce different pictures on LCD screens.

By the time you've had a month with the TV and have read a few threads on the forum, you'll be able to start thinking of what you need and probably what model or type of TV to need.

You never know in a month what £1000 could buy you. :)

3. Pete872

Pete872

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks for that Sholao I'll do a bit of reading. I did take a look in curry's today and they had a 32" Samsung flat screen for £599 that was hd ready, are samsungs any good?

Pete.

4. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    If its the LW32A33W then avoid like the plague, reduced to this price for a reason - It smears worse than a swarm of motorway mosquitos !

Look at the LE32R41B's instead, big thread on this very site.

:smashin:

5. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
  6. Pete872

Pete872

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    This will not display HDTV at all but its picture with Sky will be great. Are you planning on getting HD-Sky or any of the next gen consoles ?

:confused: