£1000 panel for Freeview/ Media Center - options?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by rossjamesparker, Sep 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. rossjamesparker

rossjamesparker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am looking for a flat panel TV. I have £1000ish to spend (could go to £1,200 for an ideal set).

I will use it for:

- Freeview, mainly, overwhelmingly
    - In a couple of months, connecting to a Media Centre - with HDMI outs (see here)

With that in mind:

1. It needs to be 32"+.... closer to 40" if possible

2. I'd like something that offers 1080p... so that I can make the most of the twin graphics card on the media centre.

3. As most of the TV I'll be watching will be Freeview, I'd like a decent Freeview decoder on the screen. I know that once I have a media center, it will use the media center's decoders... but it would be good to have a watchable standard definition picture in the meantime!

4. Obviously, it must be able to take some PC game graphics (Call of Duty 4, soon!) and not totally flip out.

I have no biases against or for any manufacturers, although I have noted that the Sony KDL40W2000 has good reviews.

Are there other screens that I should be considering?

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Yep the 40W2000 is one of the best 1080p sets along with Samsung LE-40M87.But next month the W2000 is being replaced.For example the new 40V3000 will fit your budget and will be a better tv than W2000.Also the new Samsung LE-40F86 fits your budget

3. nitro23456

nitro23456
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    thats probably about the best for that sort of size.

4. rossjamesparker

rossjamesparker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Many thanks Chris - I had looked at that Samsung too. Nice to be told about the new models - I think I may wait for them. Invaluable info, cheers.