£1000 budget for THX speakers??

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you know if I can get a 6.1/7.1 speaker set up that is capable of giving excellent sound including THX for around the 1k mark.

I am having a dedicated HC room built with dimensions of 8ftx15ft so they should not be too over powering.

If you do have any suggestions/experiences please reply:smashin:

SVS Package, see powerbuy section ;)

thanks rhino.

They look nice and for a good price, ill see if i can get some reveiws.

Thanks

Dr Force, don't be too hung up about speakers having THX badges...doesn't necessarily mean anything. There are lots of great speakers out there regardless of the badge :)

THX is just a technical standard (doesn't mean THX badged speakers are necessarily any good), and in processing terms a set of algorithms that in real terms of what you can hear, will slightly tame the top end. That's very simplified and by no means the whole story, but it's not what alot of people think :)

Cheers
Matt

Dr Force said:
thanks rhino.

They look nice and for a good price, ill see if i can get some reveiws.

Thanks

they are super speakers mate, you wont do better for the money imho :thumbsup:

smurfin

Thanks for your input, that is the sort of feedback I need as I was getting a bit hung up on the THX, but what you have said makes sense.

Do you know anything about the SVS package?

Unfortunately I've never heard them, however if you do a search on the forums you'll find plenty of info. AV-Sales sell them exclusively I believe, I reckon it would be worth taking the effort to go down to Kent to have a listen if you're serious:) Helpful chaps too.

Thanks matey:thumbsup:

Dr Force said:
Do you know anything about the SVS package?

Three of us went down to AV-Sales in Kent for a listen when the package first came out and posted our findings here.

I can highly recommend the SVS package.
The speakers are very neutral.
They give a super top end, very clear, but not harsh.
You should choose a fairly powerful amp to accompany them.
Denons work extremely well.
The sub (PB10, do a search) is superb as many members will attest.
A demo is highly advised and I'm sure you'll be delighted :smashin:

The MS could do a very good job too, but I'm not sure of their availability now.

I have heard the SVS and agree with above sentiments, excellent value for money :smashin:

Badger0-0 said:
I can highly recommend the SVS package.
The speakers are very neutral.
They give a super top end, very clear, but not harsh.
You should choose a fairly powerful amp to accompany them.
Denons work extremely well.
The sub (PB10, do a search) is superb as many members will attest.
A demo is highly advised and I'm sure you'll be delighted :smashin:

The MS could do a very good job too, but I'm not sure of their availability now.

Another vote here for the superb SVS system.:thumbsup:

Excellent value for money, you can even save yourself a few more quid by taking a look at avsales outlet on Ebay.

Many thanks to Badger for his excellent advice, he's certainly not wrong, they really are a superb bit of kit.:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom