Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

£1000 budget for 26" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Rhythm, Nov 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Rhythm

Rhythm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, bet you guys get tons of these threads, but just wondering what the best value 26-28" LCD would be for £1000. It's not being connected to any surround sound, so sound should be decent enough to hold it's own. I will also be connecting it up to my ps2, dvd player, and sky box. What is the best method for this? I assume you can buy a scart multiplug type of thing? Anyone know a good one to buy - bought one once and it never worked. I want to be able to flip through AV channels and have ps2 on one, dvd on another etc. So annoying as it is now.

Also, anyone know what I could flog a 32" BUSH CRT for? It's in great condition but too bulky and huge for my tiny studio flat.

2. flangemonkey

flangemonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Read a little further on the main thread listing. Someone is asking the exact same question as you...

The Hitachi 28LD5200 which can be had for under £1k now is ideal for your needs. If you connect your DVD player with component cables, the PS2 also with component or S-video, and the Sky box with RGB SCART, you'll be laughing. No need for a SCART switcher, although these do exist. They vary in quality and price, I picked one up for use on my old CRT from Tesco for about £8 or something. It passes RGB, and autoswitches etc. No need, though as I said, if you connect your equipment up as I suggest above...