1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

£1000 budget but what technology to go for?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mrbcool, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mrbcool

mrbcool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, after spending sometime on this forum I’m no close to deciding what I need, I basically have around £1000 to spend on a TV items, to do the following:

- freeview TV
    - DVD (PAL&NTSC)
    - xbox (chipped)
    - xbox 360 in best possible res
    - occasional PC connection
    - HD-DVD/Blue Ray
    - HTDV

The last two will be when the technologies are ready. I currently have a old Sanyo projector for watching movies & PC use and a 25” CRT for the TV and xbox.
    I was planning on buying a £500 Epson TW10H projector and a Samsung 26” LCD TV but now I’m not sure! I want to be fully HD ready and be able to play the xbox 360 via a quality screen, either the projector or the LCD depending on occasion.

What would you guys go for? I could spend more a decent LCD, or just buy a 28” CRT and spend the rest on a better projector? I’ve kind of ruled out plasma as read you need to spend a lot to get a proper HD one, not scaled down etc.

Such confusion! It always seems there is a downside to some product.