£100

bob mushroom

Established Member
Reaction score
What can you guys recommend me for this price!!

Want all in one, backlight, good looks and control equipment below.....

Easy control and fully customising would be a plus

Any suggestions?

Apparently Richer Sounds are doing the Pronto for £99 if you have the offer from What Hi-Fi

not got offer and they have no more stock (apparently price will go to £149.99.

Any other suggestions?

Highly recommend the Kameleon all for one six.........fantastic device has full learning capabilites I have the 32fx66 and it works every function including pip and fastext etc......It will take a couple of hours to set up and customise exaclty to your liking, but the basic codes work out of the box. It currently operates my

TV (Sony)
VCR(Panny)
HIFI(Sony seperates)
SKY(Panny)
HCS(Philips)

best 70 notes I ever spent:clap:

Hope this helps:)

Just noticed you got Sky+ it works that no problem it has a pvr menu included on the Sat function and all the buttons are there I plan to get SKY + in the near future so the compatability was important

Originally posted by bob mushroom
not got offer and they have no more stock (apparently price will go to £149.99.

Any other suggestions?

I was after a second Pronto and I got one last Thursday after having to order one at R.S., Anyway I took the advert from last months(Feb) What Video Widescreen Entertainment and R.S matched the price no problem.

On the way home from R.S. I bought the latest (March) issue of What Video Widescreen Entertainment magazine and that issue also has the £99 offer on the Philips Pronto (2MB) and the small print on the advert states that R.S. offers in the March Issue of What Video Widescreen Entertainment runs until March 10th so the offer for the £99 Prontos is still on.

Scott

pronto it is then if I can get it at that price and find one!!!!

If not the kameleon looks a good cheaper option.

Do you have cable?
If you're with NTL or Telewest I'd recommend the Kameleon.

I have a problem with my 1 for all 6 in that the middle button does not act as select for my Panny Sky box - all it does is mute the sound on the TV. This means that I can't select anything even when in the TVGuide.
Anyone else have this problem ?

I bought the pronto from Richersounds last week for £100, but returned it this week.

I found it to be uncomfortable in the hand and the contrast levels to be very poor making the buttons unreadable even with the backlight on.

In addition I found the touch screen to be slow acting and in some cases requiring several presses before acting.

I have a Sony Clie NR70 personal organiser with remote control software that is much more readable with it's colour screen and is able to control my Sony TV, DVD and VCR. However it is not programmable for other componants.

Heres hoping that Sony produce a CLIE hadheld specifically aimed at the remote control market with programmable software that makes use of the 320x480 screen, which is actually the same size as the Pronto's. I think it could give the Pronto and its Marantz counterparts a run for their money

Originally posted by ysr

I found it to be uncomfortable in the hand and the contrast levels to be very poor making the buttons unreadable even with the backlight on.

Sounds like it was faulty. The contrast on mine can be adjusted from completely clear to completely black.

In addition I found the touch screen to be slow acting and in some cases requiring several presses before acting.

No real problems with mine unless the screen gets too dirty.

For £100 you could get the Home Theatre Master MX-500

I had a Pronto, but I thought the whole touch screen thing was not very intuitive, and it's a pain in the bum having to look at the remote every time you do anything.

I've just ordered an MX-500, so I'll see how I get on with that.

:)

Originally posted by ysr

I have a Sony Clie NR70 personal organiser with remote control software that is much more readable with it's colour screen and is able to control my Sony TV, DVD and VCR. However it is not programmable for other componants.

Heres hoping that Sony produce a CLIE hadheld specifically aimed at the remote control market with programmable software that makes use of the 320x480 screen, which is actually the same size as the Pronto's. I think it could give the Pronto and its Marantz counterparts a run for their money

This US Clie forum is worth a visit. Often threads about third party apps for Clie, including remote control.
www.cliesource.com

Originally posted by mixmanx
For £100 you could get the Home Theatre Master MX-500

:)

I agree with Mixmanx - I've tried the touchscreens, but in the end, I found I missed having hard buttons for many functions. I've purchased the MX-500, which is a fantastic design, combining hard buttons with LCD in an ideal fashion, IMO.

I suggest you read the review of the MX-500 at Remote Central (the link given by Mixmanx). It convinced me, and I'm delighted with the remote so far.

JohnK

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom