£100 for best Blu-Ray player? Is it possible

ukscanking

I have about £100 to spend on my sons christmas present and was looking to get a BR player for him but I am completely overwhelmed with what to get,

It will be played through a 42" LCD TV.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks Simon

xit2050

Panasonic BDT110 is less than £100 at Amazon.co.uk and probably the best budget player at the moment.

moorsview

Standard Member
Hi I just bought one of the 110`s thinking it would do a sort of 2 to 3d look on my usual TV, just more depthy look was what I was after, but apparently you need a 3d TV for that.

Unfortnately thats not mentioned usually if true, I do seem locked out of it on that front.

Have to say the picture is very nice, with many adjustments, like clarity, sharpness, various preset modes and a user set up.

Does anyone know if the 75 has that to, £57 at the moment on amazon, wow!

It was £92 delivered the panny 110, and if you say the free star wars 3 is worth say £22, OK for £70 all in.

Good luck, and thanks to anyone on my questions.

Best Mark

PS before this I bought a Maxtek Blu Ray player from Ebay for £50 delivered, a cracking, very nice qaulity player. They can be had around £40 posted too. Also has component on which is handy, nice bit of kit.

xit2050

Hi I just bought one of the 110`s thinking it would do a sort of 2 to 3d look on my usual TV, just more depthy look was what I was after, but apparently you need a 3d TV for that.

Isn't it obvious that you need a 3D television in order to see a 3D image?
:rolleyes:

moorsview

Standard Member
Hi I had just read it did a neat little trick making usual dvd and BR more depthy with a sudo 2-3d thing there was no mention of needing a 3d tv. I don`t think I`d bother with a 3d tv myself, but liked the idea of a more depthy look.

I`m very pleased with the 110 picture qaulity overall, though it has stuck for a few seconds at the start of 2 dvds.

Be interested to hear if the picture on the 75 is as good, as they look amazing value for money. Is it the same decoder etc ? thanks.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom