£100 amp/receiver

Reaction score
I am looking for an amp (or is it a receiver) for mainly music from my Macbook Pro and iPod Touch (2nd Gen), but will also be using it for TV, since anything is better than the built in speakers :D
I have seen the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO AZUR 540R MK1, I know this is not designed for music, but it's cheap, and I might eventually want to buy some more speakers for a 5.1 set-up, but if £100 would be better spent on a 2.0 amp then thats fine.
The speakers I will be useing are either the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 or Tannoy Murcury F1. Which is better?

Matey,

I got a Yamaha DSPAX757SE home cinema amp from this very forum for £95 late last year. The amp was like brand new and did not even look used. I got some new Mordaunt Short 902i Avants for £92 quid inc p&p from BluestreamAV (iirc) and havent looked back since.

Have a look in the classifieds, thats my recommendation :thumbsup:

Hope you find what you're looking for.

I have been monitoring the classifieds but TBH I don't have a clue if what I'm looking at is any good for what I would like it to do.

Matey,

I got a Yamaha DSPAX757SE home cinema amp from this very forum for £95 late last year. The amp was like brand new and did not even look used. I got some new Mordaunt Short 902i Avants for £92 quid inc p&p from BluestreamAV (iirc) and havent looked back since.

Have a look in the classifieds, thats my recommendation :thumbsup:

Hope you find what you're looking for.

I can certainly vouch for the Yammy 757 - excellent with music and pretty good for TV/films.

The Cambridge amp you mention is pretty good. If you were to ask what surround amps are good with music, the Cambridge would be in the answers you get no doubt.

I'd be happy paying that for the CA

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom