£10 p/m to record Sky+ or buy PVR?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by krakken, Apr 7, 2005.

1. krakken

krakken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Hi All,

Cancelled Sky as we don't watch it enough - however, my wife loves all the soaps and loves the HD reccording / pause - series links etc and only watches at her leisure now.

I mistakingly thought you would still be able to record after cancelling ( should have done my research! ) and now she's not happy that she can't. Even more happy that the cheeky blighters won't even let us watch already recorded stuff!

Anyway - do I bite the bullet and pay £10 per month just so we can record or buy a PVR - would need to be easy to use like Sky+ - have spare freeview box as well?

Advice appreciated.

K

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Get a Freeview PVR!

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If you are only watching programming from the "free" channels and already have a decent aerial for Freeview then a non-subscription HD integrated freeview box is a viable option.

However it's up to you if you decide to spend £120 a year and use the existing equipment you have or spend slightly more and go Freeview which long term will cost less. SKY+ units do have a resale value so worth considering:)

4. foneman

foneman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    even a 'standard' sky box + a PVR is better - I use a tosh xs32 and I was going to replace my ageing dvdplayer, but I am now thinking about getting the panasonic dmre500 ! (400gb HD, streaming content to your pc, etc.... :))