£10 if you can help me revive iphone stuck at boot

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by mikehallam, Aug 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mikehallam

mikehallam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Been trying to get this iphone on for about 3 days now.

Its basically stuck at apple boot logo, not much of an iphone guru at all, but been following lots of tutorials online using all sorts of programs so theres a big chance i may have messed something up.

At the moment, the state its in is, that tiny umbrella recognises it as

Device model: MB500B/A - iPhone3G
    Installed firmware version: 4.1
    Installed Baseband version: 06.15.00-5.9_M3S2

Redsnow recognises it as thats says connected: Iphone 3G (4.1, BL5.9)

Which to me is wierd, because they are not saying its in recovery mode, but its still stuck at the apple logo.

I can get tiny umbrella and redsnow to recognise it in recovery mode, or DFU mode, but right now as far as i know redsn0w is actually saying its running 4.1?

after about 3 minutes, there becomes a spinning wheel over the apple logo, then after about 3 minutes of that, the phone restarts automatically and does the same thing again.

A couple of things ive already tried:

restoring through itunes to original firmware 3.1.3
    restoring to 4.1
    restoring to 4.1.2

Using sn0wbreeze to create a custom ipsw.

Clicking just boot tethered via red snow, (that just stuck at a pineapple logo)

Even been as far as to open up the iphone and reconnect all the cables inside (read on a forum someone did this and it worked for them, obvouiusly didnt for me)

Its become a bit of a personal vendetta for me now. Could cheaply enough buy a second hand one from ebay, but im determined to find out if this one is fixable or whether its just totally broken.

Have tried restoring to original 4.1 and kicking out of recovery using tiny umbrella too, that just restarts the phone and ends up at apple logo again.

Only time i dont see the apple logo, is if i hold power button and home button for ages, i get to the 'connect to itunes' screen.

Thanks,

first person to give me the info to get this working will recieve money via paypal.

Mike

2. chukwe

chukwe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +465
    Have you tried using the exe called "fixrecovery43.exe" or "fixrecovery421.exe"?

3. jerryq7777

jerryq7777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +677
  4. bym007

bym007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    This is not broken, sounds like a firmware update gone wrong to me.
    If you cannot get it "Restore" through iTunes, then may be try visiting Apple Genuis Bar to look at it for you.

HTH.

5. RSRAVI

RSRAVI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Hi when its on this screen

Only time i dont see the apple logo, is if i hold power button and home button for ages, i get to the 'connect to itunes' screen

restore with itunes mate ...it should work

6. mikehallam

mikehallam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again,

Tried using the custom firmware you suggested. I put iphone into a pwned DFU state using Ireb, which stopped Itunes throwing out the 1600 error. It did say that the firmware was installed successfully, but when my iphone restarted, it just stayed at the IphoneBlogr.com Pwned boot logo.

7. mikehallam

mikehallam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RSRAVI i've tried restoring through Itunes, quite a lot of times now using both new and olf firmwares, aswell as custom ones ive download and one i made using sn0wbreeze. Still sticks at the apple logo.

Have tried deleting the apple.gs line bit out of my host file too.

Only time ive ever got past the apple logo is when i installed one of the whited00r versions, it took a while about 5 mins from restarting but it ended up at a 'frozen' springboard every time i booted it up.

Any more ideas?

8. RSRAVI

RSRAVI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Have you tired on another PC mate some times that solves the issues cos iTunes can get corrupt with JB and things

It should restore as I had the same issue some time back on iPhone 4 took a good thur goes but worked first time on another PC but had to make sure it had connect to iTunes on the phone hope that's helps

9. mikehallam

mikehallam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again,
    Bit wierd this, but i managed to get it working and im not exactly sure what the problem was still. My mate just offered me his old iphone 3g for next to nothing as he was having some itunes problem with his when he last used it. Anyway, i took the screen off his and swapped it with mine, and mine that hasnt been booting up just booted up straight away.

Hmmmmm how strange.

So ive got the iphone going now whoopeee but still one sat there thats not working, lol oh my days this could be a long process bin maybe and just be happy theres one going.

Any one know what the problem could have been? Obviously can't be the screen itself, because the connect to itunes used to show up properly so the visual side of it was working. Is there some thing in the screen part of the phone that could affect boot up? Or maybe one of the 3 cables numbered 1,2 or 3?

10. zed4

zed4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,021