1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£10 dvd's on yahoo auctions!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by pete o'flanagan, Oct 29, 2001.

1. pete o'flanagan

pete o'flanagan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,
    I came across this seller on yahoo auctions(uk) and thought you might like a look.He has over 260 titles on sale 98% for just £10.
    I found out the seller is based in malaysia and all the titles are new and sealed region 2 discs.
    The sellers i.d is auction-dvd so take a look and let me know what you think...
    happy hunting, p.:p

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Be carefull. I don't want to accuse the seller of anything but in Malaysia a lot of counterfeit R0 copies are sold for less than GBP4, so ....

And it's of course not me selling those ... [​IMG]

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The minute he said auctions and Malaysia, the first thought that came into my mind was DVD silvers.

Although i took a look at the list of auctions and i didnt spot any which could be obvious pirate copies and they appear to be genuine R2 DVDs.

Personally, without prejudice, i would avoid using him. Looking at the responses, it appears that the price does not include P&P and are despatched from Malaysia. This would make most of them more expensive than the reputable online retailers (in either R2 or R1 form).

4. pete o'flanagan

pete o'flanagan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,
    I took another look at the disc covers and noticed some subtle differences in them.
    The most noticable being blade,which has a totally different cover from the one released in this region.
    As for the post and packaging from what i could gather it was included in the price.
    I'm unfamiliar with the term "silver discs", do you mean pirate copys?
    Also the posts on the seller seem to be ok....
    I might send for a copy of the fifth element and let you guys know how it go's.
    bye for now:clown:
    Q.

5. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVD silvers is a term used for pirate DVDs.

So, it could be possible that he is using copied dvds with home produced covers.

Take a look at the cover you have and see if it matches the r1 version. If it does, i would guess it is a copy.

The information on the dvds says that P&P is to be paid by the purchaser.