1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£10 Argos scart switch doesn't appear to be fully rgb

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Elmer, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    After reading various threads on the forum, I came to the conclusion that the £9.75 Argos 3 way scart control box, catalogue number 534/2361 here had all the inputs and outputs fully RGB wired.

I bought one today, but upon getting it home, noted that only one of the input sockets was labelled as rgb. The box contains no paperwork or instructions at all, but there is a part number 18205ARG on the back.
    Googling scart 18205arg finds the following pdf http://www.philex.com/technical/downloads/av/18205.pdf which again labels only one of the input sockets as RGB.

A bit more searching came across what looks to be the same unit at http://www.beststuff.co.uk/av_hubs_and_splitters.htm called a "Select Scart Switch Box" for £14.50. Here is specifically says "One RGB socket".

Guess I need to take it back and get the similar looking Hama one from beststuff. I presume none of the other manual switch boxes from Argos are fully RGB?

2. Tides2002

Tides2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The Argos box has two fully wired RGB sockets, (unless they have changed the spec since last year). I remember going through the same dilemma when I got it home and read the label.

3. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    There should have been instructions with it. My one had. You probably got one that someone had returned. :thumbsdow

4. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Thanks for the speedy replies guys

Tides2002 how did you tell yours has two fully wired RGB sockets. Are two marked on yours or have you opened it up?

Mine are labeled as follows and the model number is 18205arg

Monitor TV/monitor
    VCR3/SAT/RGB Input C
    VCR2 Input B
    VCR1 Input A

Attached is a picture of mine and as you can see only one input socket is marked as RGB

[​IMG]

I've dropped philex an email to see what they say.

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I brought this one for £14.99 from Argos and it appears that all 3 plugs are wired for RGB...

6. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Thanks for the reply Family Guy, I'd looked at the Hitachi one, but had presumed from this thread that it wasn't fully RGB

7. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting...I'll check it when I get home.

8. Elmer

Elmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I've just recieved the following reply from Philex regarding the one I've purchased

"Looking at the Argos version, it does seem that only C is RGB. The ARGOS version is not actually from us, but from our affiliated company in Hong Kong."