£1,300 for a belt - How flush are you?

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In today's papers it is reported that Coleen McLoughlin (Rooney's Mrs) tried to buy a belt for £1,300 but had her card rejected.

£1,300 for a belt?????

The most I have ever spent on an single item of clothing is about £45 for a t-shirt (branded: PING), this obviously excludes the one suit that I bought for work, but that still cost less than £200.

Whats your most expensive item of clothing and would you pay £1,300 for a belt even if you had the money??

Personally,I'm surprised that anything so cheap could possibly grace a celebrity like that,but then again she may have been bargain-hunting.

I bought a belt for £10 reduced from £20 and i thought that was a lot for a belt.

how flush is your boyfriend/husband you mean?

after granny "incident", if boyfriend wasn't a rich footballer, what self respecting girl would stay with them?

stevegreen said:
The most I have ever spent on an single item of clothing is about £45 for a t-shirt (branded: PING), this obviously excludes the one suit that I bought for work,

cheapskate :thumbsdow

Come the revolution.......up against the wall.....pop....pop....pop.

90 quid for a pair DKNY trousers for wok.

and ..... err........ no! for that money it would require sat nav or hd dvd on the move :D the belt would certainly require charging are some reason.

Gary

I saw sommat on the telly which said that older people boasted more about how cheap their clothes were. My best pair of jeans cost 4 quid. :thumbsup:

Hmmm- I spent 600 quid on a suit- but I felt I'd get some use out of it which seems OK to me :). As I own about 1500 quids worth of cable I can't get judgemental over a belt that cost less.

You know its funny.

I find clothes to be very expensive and will not pay over £20 for shoes/trainers and shirts and trousers/jeans no more than a tenner. and yet, I find no problem in spending £2000 on a plasma. £30 on dvd box sets ect. Strange where you prioretys can lie isn't it?

A mate of mine damaged his suit one morning so when he came back from lunch he was wearing a new suit.

He told me he bought it for £4 :eek: , amazed I asked him how the hell did he manage to buy a suit for £4? His response was....because it was half price. :suicide:

£300 on a suit...all my work suits are from Next clearance or George :D

I have spent £40 on a T Shirt and £60 on a shirt though but I was in shock for days afterwards and don't think I could do it again.

I like to have a laugh at lunchtimes by looking in the window of Frank Birds near where I work at the 'Sale items' like shirts for £150 and ties for £40 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i like spending money on quality clothes rather than designer, i like buying decent shoes, Oliver Sweeney , Loakes etc unfortunatley these can be quite expensive but you can definitley tell the difference and i have a pair of laokes that have lasted me 6 years and are still going strong so in the end the shoes work out quite cheap becuase of how long the last. i will also spend good money on suits and shirts and i think it reflects , a Thomas Pink shirt is definitley well worth the money in my eyes, my most expensive item of jewellery was my Dunhill lighter. but again a Dunhill lighter is a timepiece which hasnt changed its design in decades. Tons of Fun and Dave-s raises a brillaint point though , some people would think im ridculous for the amount i spend on my hifi or DVD collection equally some people would think shes ridiculuos for spendng so much on a belt

stevegreen said:
Whats your most expensive item of clothing and would you pay £1,300 for a belt even if you had the money??
Clothing - probably a pair of boots for £180 or £300 leather jacket, but I tend to look at the item first then the price tag. If it's a reasonable amount, then I'd probably get it, but if it's something daft, then it can stay looking nice.

Clothing, that would be a suit at 450 quid in the sale reduced from 800 I think. Does that mean it's 800 then ?! :)

Shoes, a pair of Nike basketball boots for 130 quid. Bought them 4 years ago and still going strong.....only wear them twice a week though.

The most extravagent (sp?) item I wear but I didn't buy (It was a present from the in-laws) is a 130 quid belt. A snip of Colleens belt !!

Richie.

I had a suit made a couple of months ago - cost me £500. Well worth it though.

When I was in the army, my Mess kit cost me £650!! :eek:

Family Guy said:
I had a suit made a couple of months ago - cost me £500. Well worth it though.

When I was in the army, my Mess kit cost me £650!! :eek:

the prices in the army are ridiculous , a good freind of mine is a Officer in Black Watch and he had to spend hundreds on the kilt, and for some reason he couldnt claim it as an expense

Depends on who you could belt... £1300 might be money well spent... PJ :D

Its all relative to the amount that you earn or have available to spend. £1300 is a fraction of what she has to spend so to her it seems the same as £13 does to me!!! I wouldn't spend that much on any item of clothing at the moment but if I won the lottery (millions that is not just a tenner on 3 numbers!!) then my view of what was expensive and what wasn't would change and maybe I would.

Oh if only :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom