£1,300 for a belt - How flush are you?

stevegreen

In today's papers it is reported that Coleen McLoughlin (Rooney's Mrs) tried to buy a belt for £1,300 but had her card rejected.

£1,300 for a belt?????

The most I have ever spent on an single item of clothing is about £45 for a t-shirt (branded: PING), this obviously excludes the one suit that I bought for work, but that still cost less than £200.

Whats your most expensive item of clothing and would you pay £1,300 for a belt even if you had the money??

alexs2

Personally,I'm surprised that anything so cheap could possibly grace a celebrity like that,but then again she may have been bargain-hunting.

Steven

Senior Moderator
how flush is your boyfriend/husband you mean?

after granny "incident", if boyfriend wasn't a rich footballer, what self respecting girl would stay with them?

Ian J

Banned
stevegreen said:
The most I have ever spent on an single item of clothing is about £45 for a t-shirt (branded: PING), this obviously excludes the one suit that I bought for work,
cheapskate :thumbsdow

Gary D

Come the revolution.......up against the wall.....pop....pop....pop.

90 quid for a pair DKNY trousers for wok.

and ..... err........ no! for that money it would require sat nav or hd dvd on the move :D the belt would certainly require charging are some reason.

Gary

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
I saw sommat on the telly which said that older people boasted more about how cheap their clothes were. My best pair of jeans cost 4 quid. :thumbsup:

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Hmmm- I spent 600 quid on a suit- but I felt I'd get some use out of it which seems OK to me :). As I own about 1500 quids worth of cable I can't get judgemental over a belt that cost less.

GalacticaActual

You know its funny.

I find clothes to be very expensive and will not pay over £20 for shoes/trainers and shirts and trousers/jeans no more than a tenner. and yet, I find no problem in spending £2000 on a plasma. £30 on dvd box sets ect. Strange where you prioretys can lie isn't it?

scrapbook

A mate of mine damaged his suit one morning so when he came back from lunch he was wearing a new suit.

He told me he bought it for £4 :eek: , amazed I asked him how the hell did he manage to buy a suit for £4? His response was....because it was half price. :suicide:

MacReady

£300 on a suit...all my work suits are from Next clearance or George :D

I have spent £40 on a T Shirt and £60 on a shirt though but I was in shock for days afterwards and don't think I could do it again.

I like to have a laugh at lunchtimes by looking in the window of Frank Birds near where I work at the 'Sale items' like shirts for £150 and ties for £40 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

shahedz

Distinguished Member
i like spending money on quality clothes rather than designer, i like buying decent shoes, Oliver Sweeney , Loakes etc unfortunatley these can be quite expensive but you can definitley tell the difference and i have a pair of laokes that have lasted me 6 years and are still going strong so in the end the shoes work out quite cheap becuase of how long the last. i will also spend good money on suits and shirts and i think it reflects , a Thomas Pink shirt is definitley well worth the money in my eyes, my most expensive item of jewellery was my Dunhill lighter. but again a Dunhill lighter is a timepiece which hasnt changed its design in decades. Tons of Fun and Dave-s raises a brillaint point though , some people would think im ridculous for the amount i spend on my hifi or DVD collection equally some people would think shes ridiculuos for spendng so much on a belt

Seth Gecko

retired member
stevegreen said:
Whats your most expensive item of clothing and would you pay £1,300 for a belt even if you had the money??
Clothing - probably a pair of boots for £180 or £300 leather jacket, but I tend to look at the item first then the price tag. If it's a reasonable amount, then I'd probably get it, but if it's something daft, then it can stay looking nice.

richjthorpe

Novice Member
Clothing, that would be a suit at 450 quid in the sale reduced from 800 I think. Does that mean it's 800 then ?! :)

Shoes, a pair of Nike basketball boots for 130 quid. Bought them 4 years ago and still going strong.....only wear them twice a week though.

The most extravagent (sp?) item I wear but I didn't buy (It was a present from the in-laws) is a 130 quid belt. A snip of Colleens belt !!

Richie.

F

Family Guy

I had a suit made a couple of months ago - cost me £500. Well worth it though.

When I was in the army, my Mess kit cost me £650!! :eek:

shahedz

Distinguished Member
Family Guy said:
I had a suit made a couple of months ago - cost me £500. Well worth it though.

When I was in the army, my Mess kit cost me £650!! :eek:
the prices in the army are ridiculous , a good freind of mine is a Officer in Black Watch and he had to spend hundreds on the kilt, and for some reason he couldnt claim it as an expense

PJTX100

Depends on who you could belt... £1300 might be money well spent... PJ :D

smelly

Novice Member
Its all relative to the amount that you earn or have available to spend. £1300 is a fraction of what she has to spend so to her it seems the same as £13 does to me!!! I wouldn't spend that much on any item of clothing at the moment but if I won the lottery (millions that is not just a tenner on 3 numbers!!) then my view of what was expensive and what wasn't would change and maybe I would.

Oh if only :D

GrahamC

Novice Member
Spent £99 on a new WAF (weddings, anniversary and funerals) suit about 12 years ago and £60 on a leather jacket about 3 years ago. I start to feel faint when 3 tenners are in me hand....:rotfl:

smelly said:
Its all relative to the amount that you earn or have available to spend. £1300 is a fraction of what she has to spend so to her it seems the same as £13 does to me!!! I wouldn't spend that much on any item of clothing at the moment but if I won the lottery (millions that is not just a tenner on 3 numbers!!) then my view of what was expensive and what wasn't would change and maybe I would.

Oh if only :D
If you won the lottery, I'd open a hat and shoe shop next door to where you work ;)

nogg

Novice Member
Dave-S said:
You know its funny.

I find clothes to be very expensive and will not pay over £20 for shoes/trainers and shirts and trousers/jeans no more than a tenner. and yet, I find no problem in spending £2000 on a plasma. £30 on dvd box sets ect. Strange where you prioretys can lie isn't it?
Do you find that £20 shoes are robust and comfortable?

Digger

Novice Member
Well, I recently went to Tescos and bought jeans for £20..........5 pairs ....thats only £2 a leg... :D

Trending threads

Latest News

Cleer FLOW II headphones get Google Assistant
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon introduces DHT-S216 All-in-One soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio legend Ken Ishiwata passes
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky Elstree Studio investment to underpin European productions