“Sky wont let me buy Sky HD” saga update or ME, SKY and HD

gregt

Standard Member
Reaction score
It just goes on and on but I thought I would share the latest on my “Sky wont let me buy Sky HD” saga

On the advise on “Magoo1” (whom I would like to thank) I emailed [email protected] and got a replay from a lady whom I will not name which said:

Dear Mr T

Thank you for your email of 10 July 2007 addressed to James Murdoch, which has been forwarded for my attention.

I will not attempt to justify the unsatisfactory service you have received. Suffice to say that we clearly failed you, and I very much regret that your installations attempt was not completed in an efficient manner. I completely understand your frustration, and on behalf of Sky television I would like to offer my apologies.

I can assure you that we take reports of this nature very seriously, please be assured that we will be investigating addressing these matters with the appropriate personnel.

Meanwhile, I note your request to purchase a Sky HD box for the amount of £199.00 and I would be more than happy to make the necessary arrangements. When you are ready to proceed with your order please advise me of payment details.

Pease be assured that it is always our intention to provide our customers with the best service possible. I am only sorry that in your particular case we have failed to live up to this goal.

I hope that I have been of assistance. Should you require further help in this regard please contact me at the above email address.

Result you might think PLEASE READ ON (for the next episode of the continuing saga of “ME, HD and SKY”

Sky Enquiry:27198
Dear Miss ????????????

At the bottom of your email you said “Should you require further help in this regard please contact me at the above email address” Well as this is still not sorted I DO REQUIRE YOUR HELP PLEASE

Please note my new email address as I am now using SKY as my internet provider (was only without internet for 4 days but that is another story)

Now the continuing saga of ME, HD and SKY, Let me bring you up to date, with you help I was finally able to get the SKY computer to allow me to order SKY HD for £199 and for that I thank you (I think).

The installation time was only going to be about 1week and (fool like I am) I thought as me and SKY seemed to be friends again I would keep my old SKY + box for down stairs and pay sky another £10 for multi-room on top of the new £10 for HD. I informed the lady that I would like the old dish cables replaced as well as the new ones as the old ones were to short to allow me to reposition my new HD box , this was not a problem she said and everything was booked for the following Saturday for between 9.00 and 1.00 on the 21st July.

I was told that the installer would call me before 9.00, HE DID NOT. I waited till 10.30 and called the number I was given by the letter I had received confirming the installation. I was told that yes I was booked for today and they would get in touch with the installer and he would call me back within an hour, HE DID NOT. At 11.40 I rang SKY again they said they would get in touch with the “Firm” doing the install and get them to call me back. At 12.30 the installer rang me and said he was running a bit late, but he would be with me by 1.00. At 1.20 he turned up and said he had only be told to replace my SKY + box with a SKY HD box, no multi-room no replacing the old cables, for that he needed 150 minutes and had only been given 100 (what ever that means) he also said that I would have to re-book the install through SKY and also to inform them that I live in a 3 story town house that would probably require the “special heights team” and then he left.

Called SKY yet more times and finally got through to a apologetic gentleman he was told everything that the installer had told me including the bit about the “special heights team” informed me that this was not a problem and that the complete install would now take place on the 28th of July between 1.00 and 4.00. (Not happy but left it at that)

Yesterday the 28th of July the SKY engineer (Note not an installer) called before 9 and informed that he would be with me between 1.00 and 4.00. At 5.00 I rang SKY to ask were he was, at 5.30 he turned up. He said he was here to fit my SKY HD box. No multi-room, no replacing cables no adding new cables, SKY would not allow him to do that, because of the height of my dish that was a job for the “special heights team”. However he was very helpful and said that he could a least swap over my SKY + box for the SKY HD box if I wanted, that was the best he could do. I asked him to call SKY to find out what the hell was on which he did. (Mistake Number ???? lots) The SKY person on the phone told the engineer that he was NOT allowed to install the SKY HD box, at this point I lost it and ask to speak to a supervisor whom I informed about all the trouble I have had with this HD purchase. She finally agreed to allow the SKY engineer to install the HD box but she would have to cancel the install now, refund my money and then take the money from me again (OK if that’s what it takes) the multi-room would have to be re-booked with “special heights team” who would not be available for 2 to 3 weeks she would call me back with a date and a job number for the SKY engineer. SHE DID NOT

The SKY engineer (who I must say was very helpful) installed my HD box and tried to pair the card, he said it could some times take as long as 4 hours for it to work.
At 23.00 I called SKY yet again to be told that they could not get my viewing card to work due to errors on the computer screen (where have we heard that before) and that it could take up to 4 days to get it fixed and until it was I would be unable to view any movie channel of any SKY HD channel.

So Miss ?????? sorry for the length of this email but I have just about reached the end with SKY and this HD fiasco.
What I would like you to do for me is as follows:

1. Have someone get it touch with me to arrange a date to have my muti-room installed with the “special heights team” who will also replace the old cables from my dish to my new (but as yet unusable in HD) HD box.
2. Have someone fix the problem with my viewing card so that I can view any of my 6 mixes and movie channels (which I am paying £37 a month for but can not use at this time) and also view HD in my new HD box (which I am paying £10 month for but can not use at this time)
3. Refund my account for:
a. The amount of time I have been able to use my 6 mixes and movie channels
b. The amount of time I have been able to view HD in my new HD box
c. For the amount of time I have used the SKY 08702 40 40 40 number (which is now in hours not minutes for this HD fiasco) I would like some form of compensation as I can not see how any of this has been my fault and why should I have to pay out my money and wait in all day in my house (Twice) because of problems which have been caused (in my opinion) by SKY
d. This last one I have taken some time to think about. If you can not help me a least sort out item 3A and 3B within 28 days I would like you to cancel my complete SKY package that is everything, all TV including HD, multi-room everything and refund me my £199 for my HD box which you can come and collect. I realise I can not cancel my SKY broadband as I have only just started my contact, but at the end of 12 months I can assure you it to will be cancelled. Please please please do not take this a some sort of threat, it is not meant like that but I am just so feed up and ******ed off with your firm that at this time I want nothing else to do with it. (which is sad because up until this I have always recommended SKY to my friends and I have been with SKY since the early 1990’s)

Yours truly,

Well folks that’s were I stand with SKY at the moment (as I said to the SKY lady sorry for the length of this post) if any one would care to comment on this or give me any other advise please fell free and once again thanks to “Magoo1”

If I tried to make up a story about bad service it still wouldn't come anywhere near this... scary stuff!

Let us know!

Cheers
Tom

Bloody hell!! I think I'd better go and lie down in a darkened room with a rolled-up copy of the Radio Times.

Good luck gregt.

Its no wander more and more people are self installing

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!

I cannot believe you've had so much trouble but I think that if you continue your e-mail correspondence with Ms "X" then eventually you will end up with a working installation and a whole heap of free viewing. Just be nice because once you lose your temper you lose the moral high ground. You will get there.

I too have just sent a snottogram to murdoch about the issue of recording failures when the box loses the signal in foul weather so am waiting for a response myself.

Chin up old chap - could be worse - you could be underwater!!!

Same, if not worse problem. Search my posts.
After emailng james murdoch got a call Friday evening from a very helpfull women who works for his office. Promised me she will sort my problem on Monday. I'll let you know the outcome.

My sympathies:mad:

I too have just sent a snottogram to murdoch about the issue of recording failures when the box loses the signal in foul weather so am waiting for a response myself.

Update...
just got this..

Thank you for your recent email, addressed to James Murdoch, which has been passed for my attention.

I was concerned to learn that you have been experiencing ongoing problems with your Sky HD system.

In order to investigate the issues raised by you further, I have arranged for a Senior Sky Engineer to call out to your property on Saturday 4 August 2007 between 8am and 1pm. He will fully check all parts of your Sky HD system in order to determine what is causing the ongoing fault which you have reported. The booking number for this appointment is ********.

Should you require any further assistance in regards to this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the address above

So... we'll see !!!

Best of luck mate hope it goes ok

No new news from mine. Still no HD service or Movies but still paying for them

Best of luck mate hope it goes ok

No new news from mine. Still no HD service or Movies but still paying for them

Dont hold your breathe mate, took Sky over 4 months to sort out HD service on my box. Didn't have a problem until I requested a new card for my multiroom sky+ box, sky's computer throw a wobble and blocked HD on the system to me and nobody could override IT apart from the it dept which took over 4 months and no apology was given until I emailed Murdoch.

Just to update you... engineer turned up on schedule, checked box, laughed hysterically about signal strength and quality readings and then proceeded to replace both dish and LNB. So far so good... all we need now is some torrential rain. Shouldn't be too long to wait then..!!!:D

I have had an update as well SKY have finally got both my movies and HD working on my new HD Box (thanks to the Steven a sky customer service person) no multiroom as yet but an update on that also had a phone call and an email from the lady Customer Liaison Consultant. The email reads,

“Thank you for your further email dated 29 July 2007.

I have tried calling you on *********** but have been unsuccessful in speaking with you. Although I did leave a message to confirm I had called.

I will not attempt to justify the unsatisfactory service you have received from our appointed engineer and customer service representatives. Suffice to day that we clearly failed you, and I very much regret that your installation had not been completed in an efficient manner. I completely understand your frustration, and on behalf of Sky television I would like to offer my apologies.
I can assure you that we take reports of this nature very seriously, please be assured that we will be investigating and addressing these matters with the appropriate personnel. However, I am sure you will appreciate that the outcome from such investigations must remain an internal manner.
Having checked our records, I note that you had since spoken with a customer service representative on 1st and 2nd August and they have resolved your Sky HD difficulties.
In view of the information you have outlined; I have today arranged a special heights engineer to call on Saturday 11/08/07 Job Number: 46804141 to relocate your existing Sky+ box. Should this date not be suitable please advise at your earliest convenience.

Please be assured that it is always our intention to provide our customers with the best service possible. I am only sorry that in your particular case this far, we have failed to live up to this goal. In light of this I have today applied a credit of £58.00 (one month's free viewing of 6 Mix with Movies: £38.00, HD subscription £10.00, Additional Subscription £10.00), with my compliments. While this in no way makes up for the inconvenience you have been caused, I hope that you will accept this as a gesture of goodwill.

I hope that I have been of assistance. Should you require further help in this regard please contact me at the above address.

Yours sincerely

L H
Customer Liaison Consultant”

That’s next Saturday so I will let you know what happens in the continuing saga of ME, SKY and HD

Just a final word to Magoo1 hope it keeps working well for you and thanks again, but as I live in Oxfordshire I will give the “torrential rain” a miss if that OK

Seems I am not as lucky as “Magoo1” so here is my latest email to SKY

Well Miss H

The saga continues (but not for much longer). I am writing this email to you on Saturday 11 August, which as I hope I don’t need to remind you is the 3rd Saturday that I have moved furniture inside and garden plants outside for your SKY installation engineer.

As you said in your email dated Friday 3rd August the installation was booked for today and a letter was sent to me with the job number 46804141. The letter also stated as usual “Our engineers will contact you before 9.00am on or before the morning of your installation” Now I know Miss H that you are going to find this hard to believe he did not so at 11.30 I once again paid SKY to complain about your service and I was told that as this was a all day call he would definitely be with me before 12.00 once again Miss H I know that you are going to find this hard to believe he was not so at 12.30 once again I paid SKY to complain only to be told he would contact me by 1.00. At 1.12 the engineer did contact me and I was told that he would be with me by 2.00 or 2.30. At 2.40 the engineer arrived. Now this is the good bit Miss H and I know you will find this as funny as I did (NOT) the engineer informed me that SKY had not allocated him enough time for this job (only 80 minutes he said) when it should have been and I will use his words not mine "150 minutes" so as he would not get paid for the rest of the time he would have to contact his boss (NOT SKY) This he did and his boss told him that he would contact SKY and get in touch with me by Tuesday, I told him not to bother.

I once again contacted SKY (again paying for the privilege) and spoke to one of your representative called Danielle and asked to speak to a supervisor and after some exchange is was transferred to a gentleman called Barry whom I was told was a supervisor, I told him the complete sorry tale of this SKY customer care. He informed me was all that he could do was to rebook the installation, however when he tried the computer would not let him (Back to where we started many calls ago)

So Miss H
As a Customer Liaison Consultant and apart from being rude and telling me where I can stick my multiroom what do you suggest that this very very annoyed sky customer does now.
I have tried being as friendly with your staff as I can be, I have also tried airing this sorry tale on the following web sites http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php, http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/ and http://www.skyuser.co.uk/ where over 1500 of your past, present and if you are lucky and they are not customers have read this ongoing saga of “Sky wont let me buy Sky HD” saga or ME, SKY and HD and where most of the their comments I have to say, have not painted SKY in a very good light. This email as all the rest will be sent to the above web sites, however as before your full name will not be used.

I do not know what you could possibly say or do to fix this problem or assure any future customers that may read this account on the above web sites that this is not how they will be treated, but I like them await your comments.

Sorry to hear your having no luck. Got my HD box through pure luck rather than Sky's judgement. One of the 10 requests for an Hd installation must have escaped the system and a box turned up out of the blue in the post. Managed to pair it and after a small glitch (no Sky+) is all sorted. Got a £70+ refund into my account and hopefully, after eight 15 minute conversations with someone from J Murdochs office, am having my Sky+ box relocated tomorrow morning (if he turns up!!). Don't know if yhe pre active cancel is still active but past caring as have the full package anyway.

Woo Hoo! 2-nil to us then!!!

Oh dear - it would appear that I was a bit premature - seems it's only 1-1 after extra time.

Hope the replay goes your way Greg

all the best

Magoo1

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom