Quantcast

“free Weekend Texts For 6 Months”

P

PhilipVass

The free weekend text messages promotion (“The Promotion”) applies to all customers purchasing a handset costing over £69.99 and connecting to Orange on Pay as You Go between the dates of 1 April 2004 and 30 June 2004 inclusive (“The Eligibility Period”).

In order to be eligible for the free weekend text promotion, the SIM card accompanying the new handset must be registered within the Eligibility Period

The Promotion applies to new connections and upgrades only.

This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and or promotion (unless specified otherwise).

The Promotion will be applied to your account following registration and will be available for 26 weekends on your Pay as You Go account. You will receive a text message informing you The Promotion has been applied to your account and the date The Promotion ends. After this 26 week period The Promotion be removed from your account.

The Promotion is subject, at all times, to a fair usage policy as set out below -

Orange reserves the right to request that subscribers exceeding the limits set out below reduce their usage. In the event that usage continues to exceed these limits, Orange may at its discretion remove The Promotion from your account and refuse to allow further access to the text messaging service or The Promotion until the end of The Promotion.

Currently high usage of The Promotion is defined as 500 text messages per weekend.

Your account must be in credit to receive The Promotion.

For the purposes of The Promotion, weekend will be defined as 7pm Friday until 7am Monday.

The free text messages can be used to send standard person to person text messages to any UK mobile phone network, whilst you are in the UK.

Orange reserves the right to amend, vary or cancel these terms and conditions or to withdraw this promotion at any time upon reasonable notice.

In the event that your account is terminated for any reason, including, but not limited to non-payment Orange reserves the right to refuse re-connection to The Promotion.

Service is subject to the Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Orange Network Services, a copy of which can be found at the back of your Orange phone User Guide. Where there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions, and the Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Orange Network Services, the latter will prevail.
From
http://www.mobilesuk.net/payasyougo/orangenppoffer.htm

So does this mean i can use the unopened orange sim card i have kicking around the house and register to take advantage of this offer? :rolleyes:

H

hwharton

Depends on how you got the sim card. If you bought it as a Sim card only, for use in a handset you already own then no. Notice the requirement for a new handset:

In order to be eligible for the free weekend text promotion, the SIM card *accompanying the new handset* must be registered within the Eligibility Period.

If you got the sim card with a new handset, both from orange but never registered the handset with orange then you should be ok.

H

hwharton

Well i would imagine you could ask the person that originally bought the handset/sim card, if you have the receipt then it would be on there. It is unlikely that you bought the sim card with out a handset if you aren't usung the SIM card in the phone, and if you had got it with a handset that it would have been registered already.

P

PhilipVass

I have the receipt i bought the phone 2 months ago and i have a new sim card so i could say i never registered it right?

H

hwharton

Should be ok, as long as the SIM card isn't already registered (Try using it to phone someone else, if you can it's been registered) and the cost of the original handset was over £69.99.