£950ish for 40" LCD

chocky909

Established Member
Reaction score
I am getting a £950 refund :D for my Sony 40W4500 so I am looking for a replacement.

The problem was clouding so I need a set that is either good on this issue or to buy from a retailer that I can get a refund/replacement from if I am unhappy.

I am tempted to get a Sony 40W5500 which I have used but suffered from worse clouding than the 4500. If I got it from Amazon for £650 I have been told their returns policy is pretty good. I had considered the 37W5500 as I hear the screen is less likely to have clouding but it seems to be hard to find under £650 which for a smaller and lesser TV than the 40" seems strange.

Another option is the Samsung 40B550 for around £550. Again I would probably be wary of backlight uniformity problems so a suitable retailer would be important.

Lastly, I would be willing to spend the whole £950 and maybe even more if there is a different TV that is worth it. Also, I have a height limit of 700mm so that rules most 42" plasma screens out which I had considered.

I use my screen mostly for Sky HD and PS3 (also streaming HD content from PC), 360. I also like to have my PC connected directly via DVI>HDMI.

I would greatly appreciate your opinions and favourite TVs in this price bracket.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom