£900 budget

badbob

Ex Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at replacing my subwoofer, budget is £900 so what are the best subwoofers at that price range?
Primarily looking at SVS PC-Ultra 13. Anything else?

Should I use a Bose Jewel as a subwoofer? :rotfl:

Well yes, but not if you want bass, never mind sub bass, or for that matter lower midrange.:D

FWIW, I think we should stop this now.;)

If the thought of a 4ft high subwoofer can be accomodated and knowing that you have a cylinder already, Id be pushed to suggest an alternative route.

The Ultra 13 is already the best subwoofer ever :)rolleyes:), but inspite of this, had you any other thoughts or personal preferences that could sway you?

Russell

but inspite of this, had you any other thoughts or personal preferences that could sway you?

What else is there for £900? Not into velo DD price braket (miles off) can't think of any others, M&K sub line has been dry for years.

Rumour has it that there is a British 120L, ported sub due out, but it will be a box. No rumour as to price though.

Question is, can you wait longer than an SVS pre-order delivery time, to see what turns up?

Russell

I'm sure the PC Ultra13 will tide badbob over until something else comes along.
Selling it should not be at all difficult.
Any loss on the sale could be considered rental of the SVS.

Push your budget slightly higher for PB13 [textured black] if you cannot accomodate 4 feet cylinder

I'm looking at replacing my subwoofer, budget is £900 so what are the best subwoofers at that price range?
Primarily looking at SVS PC-Ultra 13. Anything else?

Why not go for two monoliths and spend the £50 left over on some cables

Dave

Because they couldn't match an Ultra 12, it's safe to assume they won't touch a 13.

Russell

Push your budget slightly higher for PB13 [textured black] if you cannot accomodate 4 feet cylinder

Cylinder uses less floorspace though. The height doesn't bother me.

I guess Sunfire D-10 Subwoofer isn't upto bass performance of the PC-Ultra 13.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom