£500 what would you buy?

E4RTH WORM JIM

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a Digital SLR camera today and would like to know what your recommmendations are?

Budget around £500

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Need to give a bit more info as to what sort of camera you want and what you plan to use it for.

Sorry, original post amended.

Digital SLR

Just been looking on Jessops Website.

They've got the Cannon 550D on offer for £509 or the 110D for £479 (Including extra 70/300 lense, bag, uv filters, screen protector etc)

Is one of these a good option?

Is it worth spending alittle bit more (£500+) for a better camera also?

Thanks JammyB

Looking at my post above which would you choose?

It's £40 more for the 550D + lens at Jessops (they're taking the £40 cashback off, but you pay £540 then apply after).

I'd get that anyway, the 1100D isn't as good and the bundled kit is of questionable value and quality.

You can always spend more. Another £100 gets you a 600D (flip out screen is main difference) and a rather ugly looking bag:
Canon EOS 600D Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm IS II Lens (5170B072AA) - wex photographic
+ £50 cashback on this model.

Or you can look at the Nikon D5100

But the 550D is a nice camera, good value and I suspect you'll be happy. Try and buy one quick before the Sony people wake up.

Is the cash back you talk about from quidco?

Edit: just seen the cash back offer on their website

Last edited:
The cash back is from Canon,quite cash back going on at the moment,also have a look at the Nikon D5100,your best bet is to have good play around with each camera,before you buy,to me the way a camera handle is very important :)

Right, Thanks for all your advice.

I've just bought the following from Currys (needed a camera today).

Cannon EOS 600D (15/55mm IS II Lens) + extra battery + IR remote.

Cannon Bag and stand

£675 + 50 Cash Back = £625
Jobs a goodun.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom