£500 to spend, thinking the LE32B550

ethangk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey,

After much thought (and work) I finally have enough money to get a HD tv, and have settled on the LE32B550. I am going to order it in a few days, but before I do, can anyone recommend a better 32" 1080p for that price? The only one I have seen is the LE32B650, but thats a bit out of my price range, plus I cant justify spending £130+ extra for features that I wont use (as it will be plugged into my computer, the web browsing and media playback functions are obsolete).

So can anybody suggest a better buy?

Thanks

ethangk

Your in pretty much same boat as me, I have around 500 to spend but, figured that the features on the 650 were just not valuable enough to me, 100Hz would of been nice though... but not for that price. You can actually enable media playback on the 550, there is a thread about it on this forum, but its LONG and from what i have read, it is dependent on your firmware version etc etc, it is possible though...

I personally haven't found a TV that I consider better that this one especially for the price so go for it, people all have different opinions on what matters, its so subjective, so if you think its right for you, it probably is! One of the major reasons i went for this was the aesthetics swung it for me, all the other features were rated decent and although I really wanted a tv capable of 100Hz, they just weren't good looking enough in my budget.

Samsung 32- LE32B550 FHD Platinum Black Crystal TV LE32B550A5WXXC - Direct TVs

The 32B530 is similar PQ to the B550. It has fewer connections and a different finish.
£359 at Richer Sounds.

From what I have read, the 530 is the cheaper promotion model, plus doesn't have a headphone socket. The price difference is only about £40, and as this is gonna last me a few years hopefully, im not so fussed about spending the extra £40.

I have seen a bunch of really cheap 32-42" (some of the 42" are about £500) plasmas and LCDs at dixon's site, I have the feeling that they are cheap for a reason though...

I have a Sony 32v4000 and Samsung LE32B530. Using Virgin V+ the Sony gives the better picture. The Sony is not 1080p and I don't have any 1080p sources so cannot comment on the difference for blu ray, ps3 etc. but depending on what you will be using it for I wouldn't get too hung up about 1080p for a 32". The Samsung is fine I just can't get as good a picture

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom