£500 budget

stevomacca

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm just about to buy my first proper home cinema system.
The only thing i already have is my sky+ box and vcr.
I've got about £2500 max to spend on a tv & dvd player/tuner (i'm not bothered whether it's home cinema or a hi-fi or separates).
I'm only living in a smallish flat so no massive sound is needed but i do want a huge screen.
I'm mainly interested in the Sagem Axium hd50 but not sure what speakers etc to get.
I'll mainly watch the tv through sky+, but also for my ps2, dvds and maybe through the pc input for mpeg files or dvds or online streams.
Any help would be great and since the tv is only £2000 i think my budget would easily include good cables etc.
Please help me, i love the tv and want to get the best out of it.
Cheers

Were you joking or is that yamaha system very good for the price?
Thanks for the advice, i'm looking into your suggestions.
Also, do cables make that much of a difference, which ones should i get?
cheers

You say you only have £500 to spend, in £500, the above systems are probably the best you are going to get unless you import some cantons from Germany.

The Denon is the better system, but the Yamaha is not a bad buy for the money, it is heavily discounted right now, I have that system in the bedroom, and it isn't too shabby.

Thanks, i'll probably go for the Yamaha and the dvd player then, i want a multi-region dvd player so hopefully that samsung hd one will be multi-region.
Cheers

Would you recommend a universal remote, if so what one (under £100)
cheers

Universal remotes can make life more complicated if you're only using 2 or 3 regularly. I got the Marantz RC1400 with my receiver and am getting on quite well with it, there are a few very odd design features but in general it's pretty good and is available for about £75. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom