£1500 investment watch

bob mushroom

Established Member
Reaction score
So a simple question if I was to give you £1500 to purchase a wearable investment watch what would you buy?

Don't know much about watches but I'd be surprised if you could get anything that cheap (I know it's a lot of money, but relatively speaking).

Anything you buy new will lose money the moment you leave the shop. Factor in low inflation and the cost of servicing I can imagine that at best it will retain a good proportion of it's value.

So I guess you need to look at the 2nd hand market, probably vintage models, but I expect the desirable ones will cost more than £1500.

Cheers,

Nigel

Watches are generally not a good investment, regardless of what people tell you.

For a watch to be a truely sought after piece in a few years, you'll be paying a lot more than £1500.

Watches are generally not a good investment, regardless of what people tell you.

For a watch to be a truely sought after piece in a few years, you'll be paying a lot more than £1500.

Or not buying new. Several designs from the 70's are undervalued at the moment but whether you feel they are wearable depends heavily on your personal fashion.

I agree £1500 isn't enough for an investment watch.
Better off buying one you like and accepting it will always be worth a few bob.
Just not what you paid for it, and certainly not more.

thanks for your comments and duly noted

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom