£1,800 for the Panasonic TX-P65VT30E. Need advices quick!

a212

Standard Member
Reaction score
So, I have just got an in-store deal for the Panasonic TX-P65VT30E clearance for £1,800.

I need to make my mind ASAP because I have to give my answer today.

Is it a good deal? Is it worth that kind of money?

I have Pioneer 507XD for 7 years now and looking for replacement. I know how new Panasonic TX-P65VT50E has just arrived and I can get it for low as £2,800, but I do not have that kind of money now.

I also know that if I wait another year TX-P65VT50E will probably come down to similar £1,800 range for clearance, but now I really feel like this opportunity is not to be missed.

Advices are welcomed, thank you in advance!

It is a demo-set, that price can't go for the boxed one as I am aware.

I have checked everything in-shop, no burn-ins or retention.

Before I started to show an interest in purchase I asked for a remote to check in-store settings and everything was really taken care of: brightness on low levels, contrast on low levels, etc.

I need to go there with my PS3 under the arm and check performance for games and movies - my main use will be games and movies.

I am aware this is an crazy great price but I do not want to make a wrong move and feel sorry afterwards. That is why I am asking for an expert opinion.

Thank you in advance.

You're doing the right thing, are you aware of the issues last year? worth checking for as that's a big beast.

Hm, care to give me the insight of the issues? I do not have information about those?

The big issue last year was the green blobs(highly technical name lol) green patches appear in parts of the screen, some sets were worse than others.Id take a look in the plasma section, plenty of info on it there.

Have you also considered the ST50? a better set in many ways but doesn't have as good a filter, so not ideal in a bright room.If you want first hand honest opinions on the VT30and ST50 pm Insanity202 he'll give you his experience.

Okay, just jumped over the post regarding Green Blob (thank you for the input) and it does sound scary.

I have checked the offer for the ST50 (2012 model as I see) and I can live without the filter you're mentioning - I have dedicated room for multimedia which is low-light and no problems.

So, basically, the "Green Blob" is 2011-model thing, right? So basically, since I intent to buy in-store demo-model I will have a harsh time for repairs/service - and I do not want to do any services. My current 507XD is still perfect, 7 years after purchase, no single issue at all.

So, you're recommending to skip the deal and opt for P65ST50 (2012 model) instead if I can get the matching price?

Okay, just jumped over the post regarding Green Blob (thank you for the input) and it does sound scary.

I have checked the offer for the ST50 (2012 model as I see) and I can live without the filter you're mentioning - I have dedicated room for multimedia which is low-light and no problems.

So, basically, the "Green Blob" is 2011-model thing, right? So basically, since I intent to buy in-store demo-model I will have a harsh time for repairs/service - and I do not want to do any services. My current 507XD is still perfect, 7 years after purchase, no single issue at all.

So, you're recommending to skip the deal and opt for P65ST50 (2012 model) instead if I can get the matching price?

Imo just making you aware so you make an informed choice. There is an issue with the 2012 sets too but IMO not as bad this is why Id chat with insanity he's a nice chap willing to help members.If it was me Id be going ST50 even paying at bit more for it too.what sort of warranty will the VT30 have? You are right to hesitate and look into this as your spending a lot of money. The GT30 is also an E model so guessing you aren't in the UK.

No, I am in Croatia.

2 year warranty, but no replacement one, service only.

Yeah, I will contact the Insanity, thank you very much for this valuable insight.

Any further information will be as much as welcomed! Regards!

OKay, than one last question regarding "Green Blob", I am at my work now so I can't really read all, please understand, TIA:

Is the "Green Blob" issue visible for the start or does it appears with time? If it is visible from start, I have good means to hunt it when going there tomorrow for the final decision with my PS3, but if it appears later in the lifetime of the panel than I will certainly skip this deal for good and wait for ST prices to come down later in the year.

Thanx in adv.

Scooby2000 said:
The big issue last year was the green blobs(highly technical name lol) green patches appear in parts of the screen, some sets were worse than others.Id take a look in the plasma section, plenty of info on it there.

Have you also considered the ST50? a better set in many ways but doesn't have as good a filter, so not ideal in a bright room.If you want first hand honest opinions on the VT30and ST50 pm Insanity202 he'll give you his experience.

St50 uses the same filter as the vt30 ;)

Thank you for that - care to solve my dilemma? :)

To buy the VT30 or to try to make a deal for ST50?

Thanx in advance!

a212 said:
OKay, than one last question regarding "Green Blob", I am at my work now so I can't really read all, please understand, TIA:

Is the "Green Blob" issue visible for the start or does it appears with time? If it is visible from start, I have good means to hunt it when going there tomorrow for the final decision with my PS3, but if it appears later in the lifetime of the panel than I will certainly skip this deal for good and wait for ST prices to come down later in the year.

Thanx in adv.
Got your pm mate.
Some folks had no green blob but with time got them.
Imo the st50 is a better set. Cleaner motion, better colours, deeper blacks. It may cost you a bit more for the 65" in the uk it retails at around 2300-2500.
Hope this helps :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom