The idea is a simple one - persuade singer/songwriters to do their thing whilst sharing a few stories along the way; then make it cosy and intimate so that the small audience can get as close to their idol as possible. Film it and voila - VH1 Storytellers. Easy! Except cosy and intimate to Meat Loaf meant a football locker room - so a locker room set was built just for this show. But isn't Meat Loaf a rock singer? Is it possible to create an intimate atmosphere for a Storytellers rock singer show? In a word - yes. OK the songs are a little toned down and almost folksy on occasion with Meat Loaf sitting for pretty much the whole time, but for me what really makes this work is the contrast between the effort the big guy puts into his performances and the laid back atmosphere on set.
This DVD is an Extended Cut of the TV show with an additional 53 minutes of Meat performing, answering questions and telling stories.
- All Revved Up With No Place To Go
- Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
- A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste
- You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Nights)
- I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
- Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
- More Than You Deserve
- Heaven Can Wait
- Paradise By The Dashboard Light (Part One)
- Paradise By The Dashboard Light (Part Two)
- Bat Out Of Hell
Our Review Ethos