Yamaha add amp and pre-amp to MusicCast family
WXA-50 and WXC-50 amp & pre-amp allow connectivity to virtually any other system
Yamaha MusicCast is excellent but, until now, you needed a MusicCast branded product to enjoy the system’s benefits.
Yamaha is unveiling something they say has been in great demand - a way for you connect MusicCast to your existing systems. Up until now this was only possible through Bluetooth or using a couple of specific models in a specific way. Yamaha is changing that with the introduction of the WXA-50 MusicCast amplifier and the WXC-50 pre-amplifier, two rack mountable models designed for one purpose: to spread MusicCast around the home.
The WXA-50 is a compact unit measuring in at just 51.5mm high, meaning it should fit neatly in almost any space. It’s designed to sit horizontally or vertically and can be rack mounted in a 1U space. Two of the units can fit side by side so you can mix and match for your custom install needs if you have several zones of audio to control via MusicCast. It’s essentially a small, MusicCast amplifier, with the capability to drive a stereo pair of passive speakers of your choice.
The WXC-50 is the same size as the WXA-50 but the difference, here, is that it’s a pre-amplifier, so instead of amplification it has a variety of connection terminals including optical, RCA and coaxial. This means you can control the WXC-50 via MusicCast and send the audio output to some gear you already own, whether that be a HiFi amp or AV Receiver, or even a soundbar.
Other features include:
• One Push Play to turn the unit on and start playing the last source straight away.
• 6 preset buttons on the physical remote to quickly recall your favourite settings.
• Trigger terminals to control other units such as amplifiers
• Line level pre out or variable volume output
• Volume adaptive EQ to maintain a balance across all frequencies even at low volumes
• 48-bit volume control for precise alterations and smoother transitions
• Web page setup available for custom install use
• Wireless ‘off’ function to disable the WiFi antenna completely if you don’t want to use it
The two units will go on sale around August 2016 with a tentative SRP of £399.95 for the WXA-50 and £299.95 for the WXC-50.
To comment on what you've read here, click the Discussion tab and post a reply.