The Q Active app is now available for owners of the Q Acoustics Q Active 200 and 400 wireless speakers.
When Q Acoustics announced the company’s first self contained, wireless active speaker system at the end of 2020, there were already a number of methods for controlling the setup. The Q Active 200 standmount and Q Active 400 floorstander speakers could receive their instructions from the included control hub, which comes in either Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa flavours thereby adding voice commands as an option, as well as an included RF remote and third party apps. Owners could even adjust the volume using their TV remote via the HDMI ARC input if the system was connected to a compatible TV.
Now, another option is available in the form of the newly released Q Active app which is available for both Android and iOS devices giving access to even more control and customisation of the Q Active wireless audio setup including:
- Playback control of the system such as volume, play, pause, skip track
- Displays what is currently playing by artist, album, track name and cover art
- Enable or disable the source inputs
- Set custom turn on volume for each source input
- Set automatic source switching, turn on and automatic standby settings
- Enable or disable notification/alert sounds
- Set hub front panel LEDs to switch off after 20 seconds
- Select Wi-Fi band
- Rename the speaker
- Register your product
- Receive over-the-air firmware updates
- Support and set-up help guides including how to videos and FAQs
The Q Active range is a high resolution audio system, designed from the ground up such that users can access music from any source – TV, network music streamer, smartphone, laptop and even a turntable.
Wireless sources can be tapped in to using Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2, Roon and Spotify Connect, and all popular music streaming services such as Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify and Tidal are supported. Users can play and control their music directly from each platform’s native app while the Q Active app itself can perform basic playback control of the system and supply artist, album, track name and cover art feedback.
Source: Press Release
Image Source: Q Acoustics