Pioneer launch XDP-1000R DAP in the US
Pioneer U.S.A. has announced that its new digital audio player (DAP), the XDP-100R, is now available in the States for a suggested retail price of $699.99.
The XDP-100R has actually been available in the UK for a few weeks but it’s worth highlighting again as it’s such a great product. The XDP-100R is constructed of rigid machined aluminum, features a beautiful 4.7 inch display and is the first DAP to support the MQA lossless format playback.
Key features of the XDP-100R include:
- Up to 432GB of expandable storage (internal storage 32GB plus dual micro SD slots).
- Uses the Android OS which gives owners access to Google Play and its library of apps, games and streaming services.
- Six built-in sound adjustments: Lock Range Adjust, Digital Filter, Up-Sampling, Realtime DSD conversion, High Precision EQ and Club Sound Boost.
- Audio circuitry consists of ESS Technology’s high-end SABRE DAC “ES9018K2M” and “SABRE 9601K” headphone amp for optimal audio processing.
- Separate DAC/AMP Audio Board and Android board isolate digital noise from the audio circuitry.
- Support for hi-res audio formats up to DSD11.2MHz and 384kHz/24bit FLAC & WAV.
- Up to 16 hours of battery life.
- Volume knob has 161 steps for fine control over volume.
- Innovative vertical scroll GUI with quick access to frequently used playlist and EQ settings.
- Access OnkyoMusic to download songs directly to the XDP-100R without the need of a PC.
- Headphone jack supports up to 192kHz 24bit high quality audio as well as a line out mode to connect with other equipment.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® enabled.
- The XDP-100R is available in Black (XDP-100R-K) and Silver (XDP-100R-S) colour options.
To comment on what you've read here, click the Discussion tab and post a reply.