Opus#1 DAP now available in UK
Hi-Fi NewsAudio-Opus might just be a new name for you with their background being in consumer satellite navigation devices but they seem deadly serious about the booming Digital Audio Player market with the release of the Opus#1 in the UK.
Opus#1 is able to play all popular lossless audio formats, including DSD with up to 24bit/192kHz resolution. The inclusion of an optical output makes it possible to connect to an external DAC or a dedicated headphone amp to further improve the output.
The built-in DAC is a Cirrus Logic CS4398 while processing is taken care of via an ARM Cortex-A9 1.4GHz, Quad-Core CPU with 1GB DDR3 RAM backing it up. The Opus#1 runs on a customised version of Android and features a USB Micro-B port for charging and data transfer duties. It is said to charge up in 4 hours and offer 10 hours of continuous playback when fully juiced up.
It also features slots for two MicroSD cards (currently up to a capacity of 200Gb each) together with the on-board storage of 32Gb, which make the Opus #1 a bit of a heavyweight in terms of capacity, and the clear looking screen and interface also look smart.
The Audio-Opus Opus#1 is available now for £449.00
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4398 x 2EA Dual DAC
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A9 1.4GHz, Quad-Core CPU DDR3 1GB, 32bit processor core
- Operating System: Customised Android operating system
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 114dB @ 1kHz, Unbalanced & 115dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
- Frequency Response: ±0.02dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalanced & Balanced / ±0.3dB (Condition: 10Hz - 70kHz) Unbalanced & Balanced
- Input: USB Micro-B (charging and data transfer)
- Charging Time: 4 Hours
- Continuous Playback: 10 Hours
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable: 4000mAh / 3.7V Li-Polymer
To comment on what you've read here, click the Discussion tab and post a reply.