MOON 240i Amplifier Launched
The new MOON 240i integrated amplifier features a 50-Watt amplifier, moving magnet phono stage, five digital inputs, high-resolution DAC and an OLED display.
It is MOON’s entry-level amplifier, but is probably all the amplifier that most will ever need, claims the manufacturer and, with its wide array of connectivity options, the 240i is designed to be the one-box centrepiece of a music and home entertainment system.
The sound quality is all MOON, says the press release, all organic and detailed with well-controlled and tuneful bass, coupled with a wide and airy soundstage. We have certainly been impressed with MOON products before in the shape of 230AD DAC and Headphone amp and their NEO ACE all-in-one system so perhaps we can take them at their word.
The 240i will even drive inefficient and complex low impedance speaker loads without difficulty, says the manufacturer, and will get the most out of any music source. For custom-install environments, the 240i also features SimLink, RS232 and IR ports.
You can use the MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) app (iOS/Android) to control the device which is a way of organising, listening to, and enjoying your music. MiND technology streams music from your digital music library to your audio system, allowing playback via your amplifier and speakers. Your library can consist of music stored on your computer, on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device, or you can simply stream music from a variety of internet sources.
• 3 line-level inputs including a front-mounted 1/8” mini-jack
for personal media players
• 5 digital inputs include USB (hi-res audio), SPDIF (2), Optical (2).
• Headphone output on 1/4” jack
• Moving magnet phono preamplifier input
• Analogue inputs are configurable to “pass-through” mode, when using a home-theatre processor’s own volume control
• Ten-year warranty
• Output Power at 8Ω 50 Watts per channel
• Input Sensitivity 370mV - 3.0V RMS
• Input Impedance 22,100Ω
• Gain 37dB
• Signal-to-noise Ratio 100dB @ full power
• Frequency response (full range) 10Hz - 80kHz +0/-3dB
• Crosstalk -100dB
• THD (20Hz - 20kHz @ 1 watt / 50 watts) 0.02% / 0.02%
• Intermodulation distortion 0.005%
• PCM Bit-depth range / sampling rates 16 - 32 bits / 44.1 - 384kHz
• DSD sample rates DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256
• Shipping weight 24 lbs / 11 Kgs
• Dimensions (width x height x depth) 16.9 x 3.5 x 14.4 inch
42,9 x 8,9 x 36,6 cm
The MOON 240i is available now, priced at £1,990
To comment on what you've read here, click the Discussion tab and post a reply.