Linn launches new Klimax DS music player
Linn introduce 4th generation DAC architecture for best-ever performance
Hi-Fi NewsMusic system manufacturer Linn, has launched the all new Klimax DS, the first product to feature their Katalyst DAC Architecture, Linn’s 4th generation DAC platform.
Katalyst, says Linn, takes an unprecedented level of control over the critical elements that lie at the heart of the analogue signal’s creation, to deliver the most accurate reproduction ever from a digital source.
In 2007 Linn launched their original DS player, arguably the first truly high-end network music player, developed with the single aim of providing the best possible musical performance. In 2016, the five key aspects below have been improved utilising Linn’s investments in R&D:
· Reference Level - Now completely isolated from noise to produce a high-stability input Reference Level that generates the signal’s amplitude without variation.
· Independent Power Supplies - Independent, isolated power supplies are tailored for each process, so feedback from one process cannot influence the performance of another, resulting in far lower distortion.
· Data Optimisation - Linn-designed data optimisation stage that prepares the digital signal for conversion with greater accuracy, minimising errors right at the start of the process.
· Master Clock - A single high precision clock with its own independent power supply ensures greater timing accuracy throughout.
· Output Driver - The new ultra-low distortion analogue output driver prepares the analogue signal for transmission out of the device, making it less susceptible to noise and degradation.
As an added piece of news, all Linn DSMs from the Majik, Akurate and Klimax ranges (including Exakt DSMs) will now ship with the latest HDMI 2.0 support, enabling UHD (4K) and HDR video pass-through, as well as compatibility with HDCP 2.2 encryption, ARC (audio return channel) and CEC (consumer electronics control).
HDMI 2.0 is also available as an upgrade for existing owners, priced at £600.
The new Klimax DS and Klimax DSM featuring Katalyst DAC Architecture are available today in silver or black anodised finishes, with upgrades available for current owners.
Klimax DS £15,800
Klimax DSM £18,900
Klimax DS upgrade £3,850
Klimax DSM upgrade £4,200
You can find out more over at www.linn.co.uk/klimax-ds
To comment on what you've read here, click the Discussion tab and post a reply.