Danish audio firm Copland has a new flagship CSA amplifier in the shape of the CSA150, designed to handle most speakers.
The CSA150 integrated amplifier brings together the advantages of tube and transistor amplification using the synectic design concept that previously brought acclaim to the company’s hybrid amplifiers including in the CSA10, which the 150 now supersedes at the top of the CSA range. The series will be completed by the entry level CSA70 due for release in the spring.
The hybrid design employs the Copland double triode gain stage with MOSFET buffering to provide a tight interface between the tube and the solid-state parts of the amplifier bringing together power, dynamics and natural tonality.
The CSA150’s current feedback power plant will deliver several times the rated power of 150W per channel into eight ohms under dynamic conditions, which the company reckons is enough to drive just about any speaker you can throw at the amp. Additionally, there’s wide bandwidth power supply regulation which provides ‘immunity’ to mains fluctuations, load demands and noise interference.
PCM and DSD capabilities are provided by the integrated DAC which features the ES9018 Reference 32-bit chipset in quad-mono configuration.
Digital inputs include one USB, one coaxial and two optical while the four analogue RCA inputs include an RIAA phono stage for MM cartridges plus there's balanced XLR ports too. There’s also a classic tape loop in/out function as well as pre-out terminal and a front facing 6.3mm headphone output.
Finally, for music fans who wish to stream from compatible devices, an optional Bluetooth aptX module is available.
- Output power: 2*150 W into 8 ohms load.
- Minimum load: 2 ohms
- Analogue Inputs: 1*balanced (XLR) 3*unbalanced (RCA)
- Digital Inputs: 1*coaxial S/PDIF. 2*optical S/PDIF. 1* USB. 1* aptX HD Bluetooth (Optional Extra)
- Line output: 1*unbalanced (RCA) 1* Pre-out /unbalanced variable (RCA)
- Line input impedance: 50 K ohms
- Phono input impedance: 47 K ohms (MM)
- Phono input Capacitance: 200 pF
- Line Inputs sensitivity: 270 mV
- Phono sensitivity: 2.6 mV
- Frequency response: 10 Hz - 150 kHz -3dB
- T.H.D: Better than 0.04 %
- Signal / noise IHF-A): Better than 90dB
- Phase: Inverting
- Headphone amp. Gain: 22 dB @ 100 ohms load impedance
- Headphone amp. Out imp: 40 ohms
- Headphone amp. T.H.D: Better than 0.04 %
- Headphone amp. Freq. resp: 10 Hz – 150 kHz / -3dB
- Vacuum tubes: 1 pc. 6922
- Power consumption: Max.800 W
- Dimensions: 435mm (w) x 164mm (H) x 370mm (D)
- Shipping weight: 15kg.
Available in black or silver, the Copland CSA150 integrated stereo amplifier is now shipping to the UK with a UK RRP of £4,988 inc. VAT, distributed by Absolute Sounds. The optional Bluetooth module costs an additional £198.
Source: Press Release
Image Source: Copland