Mixing up over-ear and sport orientated in-ear models, Bowers & Wilkins engineers have designed their new models from the ground up using their heritage acoustic standards and brand new tech while providing designs for a modern lifestyle.
Starting with custom built drivers, the PX7 over-ear headphone feature 43mm drivers while the P13 uses exclusive dual hybrid drivers and all models feature new housings.
The new models are also the first headphones to incorporate the new aptX Adaptive Bluetooth technology from Qualcomm which is based on the ultra- low power Qualcomm QCC5100 Series Bluetooth Audio SoCs and delivers audio at 24-bit/48kHz while promising low latency.
Tim Johnston, SVP & GM of Headphone Business Unit, stated “This unique application of our proprietary driver technology, when coupled with the new and cutting edge aptX Adaptive technology from Qualcomm creates the most realistic, high-fidelity soundstage of any headphone on the market, reproducing sound just as it was created in the studio.”
Additionally, the noise-cancelling features runs at 16 times the sampling rate to ensure the best performance with no degradation to the audio quality
PX7 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation features
- Our most premium model: with true over-ear ear cups for the most immersive soundstage and most complete noise cancellation
- Fast USB-C charging, long battery life for up to 30 hours of uninterrupted ANC play on a single charge. Get 5 hours of audio playback with a 15minute quick charge.
- Proximity sensors built into both ear cups – pause music when cups are lifted off, resumes when they are placed back on the ear
- Custom carbon fibre composite arms for optimal strength, durability and lightweight comfort for all-day wear
- The best of all worlds: Smaller, lighter on-ear design enables you to still hear the world around you to stay safe and aware, but with customisable Adaptive Active Noise Cancellation technology to block out unwanted noise
- Fast USB-C charging, long battery life for up to 25 hours of uninterrupted play on a single charge. Get 3 hours of audio playback with a 15-minute quick charge
- Featuring a combination of six microphones to block distracting ambient noise so you can make crystal clear phone calls and hear your own voice clearly, so you can talk naturally
- Custom carbon fibre composite arms for optimal strength, durability and lightweight comfort for all-day wear.
PI3 Wireless In-Ear Headphones features
- Exclusive hybrid dual drivers coupled with separate amplifiers, packed into a small, sporty in-ear model
- Fast USB-C charging, long battery life for up to 8 hours of uninterrupted play on a single charge. Get 2 hours of audio playback with a 15-minute quick charge.
- Flexible silicone neckband and magnetic ear buds for lightweight, tangle-free, continuous wear.
PI4 Wireless In-Ear Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation features
- The convenience and security of an in-ear headphone that offers superior sound AND Adaptive Active Noise Cancellation
- Fast USB-C charging, long battery life for up to 10 hours of uninterrupted play on a single charge. Get 3 hours of audio playback with a 15-minute quick charge
- Magnetic clips – the earpieces clip together when you take them off, automatically pausing the music. Unclip them and pick up where you left off
The PX7 is priced at £350 and will be available from October in Space Grey and Silver, while the PX5 on-ear headphone is £270 and comes in Space Grey and Blue.
The sport orientated wireless P13 and P14 are £170 and £270 respectively. The P13 is available in October and adds Gold to Space Grey and Blue colour options and the P14 is due to arrive in January 2020
Source: Press release
Image Source: Bowers & Wilkins
To comment on what you've read here, click the Discussion tab and post a reply.