Bowers & Wilkins has expanded its Custom Installation product portfolio for whole-home audio by unveiling a new 16-channel distribution power amplifier, the CDA-16.
The renowned audio company has announced the CDA-16 distribution amplifier which can power a mix of in-ceiling or in-wall speakers in up to eight individual rooms in a home for high-quality stereo sound, all from one compact component.
Designed to work with any existing Bowers & Wilkins custom installation speaker setup, the CDA-16 offers up to 16 channels of power, or eight stereo zones, and packs its performance into a space saving, single unit rack mountable module that’s just 44.5mm high. And thanks to its Class D amplification, it runs cool while delivering maximum power output coupled to energy efficient operation .
Its configurable specification also allows users to bridge its stereo amplifier channels to create even more powerful mono outputs, if required.
The CDA-16 offers 50W to each of its 16 channels into 8ohm loads, rising to 100W with 4ohm speakers. Selecting the bridging function provides 200W into 8ohms, ensuring ample control for a variety of installation needs.
Connecting sources is via eight pairs of RCA phono inputs for line-level analogue connection with the option of using one set of inputs as a ‘global’ connection that shares the same signal across all outputs.
CDA-16 Key features at a glance:
• 16 x 100W into 4ohms giving eight stereo zones, or 8 x 200W in 8ohms in bridged mode.
• Engineered to work with any Bowers & Wilkins installation speakers.
• Eight RCA analogue inputs for stereo sources per zone, plus the option of a global source for all zones.
• Highly flexible usage / configuration – Zone L/R outputs can be bridged to provide a mono output of double the power.
• Three power mode control options – on, auto detect or 12V trigger.
• Robust and reliable protection features, preventing damage due to overload, short circuits or heat.
• Ultra-compact rack-mount design (1 rack unit), easy to install and configure.
The CDA-16 power amp is available from April 15th at a price of £1,800.
Source: Press release
Image Source: Bowers & Wilkins