AKG announce new high-end in-ear monitors
N40 feature unusual hybrid driver design
Hi-Fi NewsHarman has just announced the newest addition to the AKG N-SERIES family of headphones, the AKG N40 in-ear monitors.
The AKG N40 features both a dynamic driver and balanced armature driver and is certified for Hi-Res Audio by the Japan Audio Society. The N40 also sports AKG patented sound filters technology; the headphones’ three sound filters enable customised sound, letting the user fine-tune their listening experience according to personal taste. Customisable options include increased bass, linear sound and boosting the song’s highs.
The AKG N40’s in-ear design contains premium materials, including stainless steel and soft rubber ear tips. The behind-the-ear form factor promises ‘maximum comfort and a world-class, accurate listening experience,’ according to the manufacturer.
“The AKG N40 embodies AKG’s legendary sound and refined design, while featuring patented technology to ensure a personalised listening experience,” said Michael Mauser, President, Lifestyle Audio Division at HARMAN. “We are pleased to offer consumers the same high-resolution audio that is heard in sound studios, straight from their own portable device.”
AKG N40 Features:
· High-Resolution audio solution
· Combination of balanced armature driver and dynamic driver – a hybrid driver solution
· Three interchangeable sound filters
· Premium materials, including stainless steel
· Full set of accessories to complete the N40 package, including: two sets of detachable cables, with/without remote/mic, carrying pouch, four sets of ear tips, flight adaptor and cleaning tool
The AKG N40 will be available for purchase online and in-store at select retailers for £349, in silver, starting end of August, 2016.
To comment on what you've read here, click the Discussion tab and post a reply.