Reachargable batteries

BName

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi been using my xbox360 for a few months now with the cordless controler. Since getting it i have been using reachargable batteries in the controller but they only last a few days or so. Can i get rechargable batteries that will last longer than these are doing ? thay are 2300 MAh. I guess a corded controller would be better.

Thanks.

Hi been using my xbox360 for a few months now with the cordless controler. Since getting it i have been using reachargable batteries in the controller but they only last a few days or so. Can i get rechargable batteries that will last longer than these are doing ? thay are 2300 MAh. I guess a corded controller would be better.

Thanks.

A few days? Crikey, how much are you using it???
My 2300mAh ones last weeks!
Sure you ain't leaving it in a drawer with a button being pressed?

BatteryLogic (online) do 2500mAh for 7.99 delivered, and 2700mAh for 9.99 delivered. Packs of 4. Great company to deal with and based in the UK.

A few days? Crikey, how much are you using it???
My 2300mAh ones last weeks!
Sure you ain't leaving it in a drawer with a button being pressed?

I think a couple of days was a bit of an exageration by me lol its probably 4 days, the annoying thing about it is they allways go in the middle of a game. Think i will buy one of the 1 hour chargers and use this 2 hour charger i have for my remotes.

What Mah rating are the ones you have at the moment?

I have these...

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=567

Fast charger comes with 4 x AA 2300Mah, £11.48 if they were in stock.

I only put in about an 2 hours or so a day of gaming and they have lasted over a week on one charge so far.

I use the Uniross 1-2 sprint recharger with Uniross 2300 Mah batteries.

Is this what you've got?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Uniross-Spr..._12/026-8607551-8894817?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

I can't make it out from the picture but does it have an activity light? Eg red whilst still charging, green for fully charged/trickle charge. If so, when it does indicate a full charge then leave it in for another hour and see if that helps. The charger reduces the current sent to the batteries once it detects that it's full or near enough so there's no chance of overcharging so don't worry about it burning your house down :) It could just be the case that you need to leave them in longer than advertised, despite any status indicators.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Ye thats the same kind of one looks a bit different but maybe cause that a newer model than the one i brought a few years ago. The one i use does have an indicator light on it.

Went into GameStation yesterday - they've got 360 rechargeable batteries on offer at £4.99 when purchased with another item.
I always keep a fully charged spare.

Simon

Cheers for these links mate, can someone confirm to me that these (or the official Play & Charge for that matter) work as follows please:

You connect one end of the cable to your w/less controller (with the supplied re-chargeable battery pack in of course);

The other end goes into a spare USB slot on your 360:

Once charged the light changes to fully green on the cable, you disconnect & get loads of hours of w/less gaming until the next charge?

Reason I ask is that I sit about 8 feet away from the 360 and not sure how long these charging leads are. I'd assumed you connected it to the 360 only when NOT playing but that would mean leaving the noisy thing on for hours when not using it.

I think they'll still charge when the 360 is off - with power still on at the mains. Someone would need to confirm that though. If not, get a USB extension cable!

the official play and charge work as you have described connected whilst playing. the reach of the wire is quite long maybe not 8 feet though you will just have to move closer for the charging

I think they'll still charge when the 360 is off - with power still on at the mains.
Someone would need to confirm that though. If not, get a USB extension cable!

Cheers for that! If someone has the Play & Charge (official or otherwise) could they please confirm it works when the 360 is off as that would be ideal.

The official play and charge work as you have described connected whilst playing. The reach of the wire is quite long maybe not 8 feet though you will just have to move closer for the charging.

Again, thanks for the response. Moving closer wouldn't be a major issue BUT if they charge whilst the 360 is turned off then that's academic :)

no, it does not charge while off (unless it trickles so mush it can power the light), when checking just now, i truned the 360 off and the fan still kewp going but no oupput to the T.V weird.... 0_o

What a shame it doesn't charge whilst off, might stick to just using some decent rechargeable batteries then.

Not sure what's up with your 360 if fan is still running after power is off? Doesn't sound right to me ....

First time it happend, ever. Turned it on and off again and its find now???!! Weird...

I basically got my plug&play kit free anyway with HMV coupons that i was given for xmas :) Actually, i had to add £1.99, ahh whatever. :)

Yes the play and charge kits do carry on charging your controller when the xbox is turned off. They're definitely worth getting, i don't plug mine in until i start getting the flashing lights on the controller then when I've finished playing just leave it plugged in, turn the xbox off and when they're charged the xbox turns off.

Means you can carry on playing without any breaks so in my opinion easier than taking batteries out and separate chargers.

Yes the play and charge kits do carry on charging your controller when the xbox is turned off. They're definitely worth getting, i don't plug mine in until i start getting the flashing lights on the controller then when I've finished playing just leave it plugged in, turn the xbox off and when they're charged the xbox turns off.

Means you can carry on playing without any breaks so in my opinion easier than taking batteries out and separate chargers.

It does, the light on mine doesn't turn on?? Or does it not 0_o

Think i will get one of these, its annoying when your in a game and the batteries go.

Think i will get one of these, its annoying when your in a game and the batteries go.

Mine went on live doing co-op GoW :eek: lol Then through my GoW game with my mate. Grr :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom