Assassin's Creed 2 Play & Help Thread

simpo

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, a local shop broke the street date on this one, so I've just started playing :D

Got mine from shopto.com today so been playing it for about half an hour, so far ok but nothing amazing as of yet. Will keep going on for a couple of hours and see how this one pans out, does like nice like the previous one.

This game is growing on me more and more i play it, prefer it than the original.

It does start off pretty slow, and I haven't played as much as I would have liked to today (blame women) but it's getting better :)

Eurogamer said it was a slow burner, but gets awesome. They gave it 9/10 mine is due today from The Hut. Looking forward!

I heard the same, meant to pick up steam after 4 hours or so. I've barely played the first, plan to complete over Christmas and pick this up in a decent offer - hopefully gamestation do some half price titles again around Christmas like they did last year.

From the reviews I've read you need to give this a good few hours before it picks up :smashin:

I've unlocked the feather collection missions and some feathers now appear on the map - but the ones that you collect initially are still on the map but slightly greyed out - is this right?

I've unlocked the feather collection missions and some feathers now appear on the map - but the ones that you collect initially are still on the map but slightly greyed out - is this right?

do you still get the annoying mad people knocking into you in the streets?

Are they the one's who pick fights with you for no reason? Haven't seen any of them so far but i'm only 25 minutes in.

The achievements seem to be unlocking frequently, you get 20g for being born! :rotfl:

You still get blokes who drop boxes and blame you for it when you're 10ft away, yes. :rotfl:

The reviews are correct i'm probably about 3 hours in and for the most of that it's very much the same as the original, very repetitive and gets a little tedious BUT stick at it and just push through and it starts to get much better.

I've also now ordered the Black Edition from play.com so that will be nice to my growing limited edition collection.

Anyway back to the game....

Don't know if its just me but the graphics in the cut scenes look very rough and amateurish, it makes me cringe!

When actually playing they are great (haven't played it on HD screen yet, just a PC Monitor) but during the cut scenes I have noticed things like fingers going trough walls and glitches like that.

Hopefully things will improve when I install it to the hard drive.

I probably gave it 90 minutes or so last night, just to get enough of a foot in as to be able to jump into something interesting today. I left it at the point
you arrive home and your father and brother have been taken, night falls and you then have to go to the prison

It's just more polished than the original, everything looks stunning and once you get over the initial horror of the character models they actually look superb, I think, though maybe I was just too tired to tell. I just want some advanced fighting skills, though saying that the grab - headbutt, knee, punch combos are fun. Maybe if they had implemented some kind of grading system from the first game, based on progress through the story and achievements gained, offering a tiered starting level based on those, it would have been better.

Is Simon voiced by Danny Wallace, or the bloke from Coupling/FastForward? I can't be bothered to look.

I'm thinking Fifa 10 and Modern Warfare 2 will be getting very little, to no, play at all this weekend. It has bags of potential, hours and hours of character development and story, and looks like it can't fail to surpass the first game (which I did like, all things considered).

Is Simon voiced by Danny Wallace, or the bloke from Coupling/FastForward? I can't be bothered to look.

Yes he is, saw an interview on Playr or inside Xbox, can't remember.

hi all how do you work the DLC code you get with the CE verson? as i in put the code in to the game it self and it said it had bin redeemed but it dident download any thing.

Call me a know-nothing-so-and-so, but what difference will installing it to the hard drive make to graphical 'glitches'??

Not necessarily the glitches but the general quality of the cut scenes. Just me hoping, its left me a little disappointed although I can't remember what it was like in the first one.

hi all how do you work the DLC code you get with the CE verson? as i in put the code in to the game it self and it said it had bin redeemed but it dident download any thing.

It's likely that all of the bonus content is already on the disc and all that these codes do is unlock the content that you are entitled to. I've not tried mine yet, I'll try it when i get home.

It's likely that all of the bonus content is already on the disc and all that these codes do is unlock the content that you are entitled to. I've not tried mine yet, I'll try it when i get home.
ok matey let me know if you work out how to get it to work? and how to start it? i wont be playing it till i fin dragon age any way lol got qite abit left to do lol

Upgraded to a new cape, starting love this game and neither Forza, Fifa or MW2 have had a look in, plenty of hours worth of gaming.

It's a much bigger game than you think it's going to be - played for a good few hours now and finshed Chapter 2, expecting there to be about half a dozen I flick through the Achievements and saw "Complete Chapter 14" :eek:

Then there's all the collecting stuff to do too :smashin:

I think i'm on chapter 6 and like you say its just huge! Got be a good 15-20 hours worth to complete everything.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom