Crackdown 2 - play and help thread

jason g

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my copy is awaiting dispatch from lovefilm and most people who have pre-ordered their copy to buy will have theirs either tomorrow or friday so i'll set this up ready.

orb hunting awaits... :rolleyes:

My pre order copy has dropped through the door today & first impressions are graphics are certainly turned up from the demo & wow only played a bit but it's so generous on achievements - seems like plenty of unlocks for Avatar clothing too.

Now back to the game :)

Haven't played the demo, gonna jump straight in :)

Bought it today, had to leave the shop with a blank bag since they sold it a day early, felt well suspicious :laugh:

There’s something about clubbing freaks or Cell around with the broken end of a lamp post that I find strangely rewarding and think everyone should try...
in the game of course.
:D

Haven't looked at the demo at all on this but loved the first game. Any of you guys that have it can you give a really brief review of your early thoughts? May go and trade RDR for this now i've finished it. Thanks

Its pretty uninspired after playing for a while, just a cluster**** of stuff from the first, with worse graphics

Haven't looked at the demo at all on this but loved the first game. Any of you guys that have it can you give a really brief review of your early thoughts? May go and trade RDR for this now i've finished it. Thanks
It's Crackdown 1.5. Four player co-op is the big appeal for me.

I messed about on it last night hunting agility orbs and I'd forgotten how addictive it is...

Much like the first one; disconnect your brain, jump in and enjoy.

There is an annoying thing going on with the targeting mechanic in that you can be looking right at an enemy who has just climbed out of a car but you'll aim at the car.

The co-op only tracks the mission progress of the host but apparently (not tested it yet) all the orbs you get will save to your character so you don't lose anything.

Climbing up stuff is fun, running over countless freaks is fun, smashing enemies up with either your fists or whatever you can find is fun and shooting has a targetting issue but is still a laugh.

Much like the first one, it's something to play for half an hour when you get back late from the pub.

Not that impressed so far then :D

Im just dissapointed that in 3 years since the first one, the graphics are actually worse, the explosions and draw distance are absolutely awful...

It's Crackdown 1.5. Four player co-op is the big appeal for me.

I messed about on it last night hunting agility orbs and I'd forgotten how addictive it is...

Much like the first one; disconnect your brain, jump in and enjoy.

There is an annoying thing going on with the targeting mechanic in that you can be looking right at an enemy who has just climbed out of a car but you'll aim at the car.

The co-op only tracks the mission progress of the host but apparently (not tested it yet) all the orbs you get will save to your character so you don't lose anything.

Climbing up stuff is fun, running over countless freaks is fun, smashing enemies up with either your fists or whatever you can find is fun and shooting has a targetting issue but is still a laugh.

Much like the first one, it's something to play for half an hour when you get back late from the pub.

So much for them fixing the targeting mechanics!

So much for them fixing the targeting mechanics!
Once you start firing it sometimes feels like the game takes over and shoots at what it wants!

A little frustrating the draw distance, cant drive full speed down the highway because cars appear right in front of me

Anyone pre-order Crackdown 2 from Game and get the agency suit codes yet ?
Just asking as I did and haven't. :thumbsdow

Anyone pre-order Crackdown 2 from Game and get the agency suit codes yet ?
Just asking as I did and haven't. :thumbsdow
I preordered it and got my code via email.

Its growing on me, some niggles still mind

For instance my guy sometimes grabs ledges, then misses the same ones,

finished the story took about 10 - 11 hours. Didn't play crackdown 1 but have enjoyed this, Just going around now finishing off bits missed such as the freak hole things / orbs etc.

I have 1 more tactical point to win, the hope tower one. I have tried this numerous times but just can't find the cell ppl to kill.

Has anyone else had difficulty doing this? If so how have ppl managed to do this part?

Do I need to scale the tower to complete this?

Thanks in advance

finished the story took about 10 - 11 hours. Didn't play crackdown 1 but have enjoyed this, Just going around now finishing off bits missed such as the freak hole things / orbs etc.

I have 1 more tactical point to win, the hope tower one. I have tried this numerous times but just can't find the cell ppl to kill.

Has anyone else had difficulty doing this? If so how have ppl managed to do this part?

Thanks in advance

there was one tactical point i had to leave, it was where the point was at the bottom of the steps, it showed the enemy high up and i couldn't get up there.

there was one tactical point i had to leave, it was where the point was at the bottom of the steps, it showed the enemy high up and i couldn't get up there.

Yeh thats the one. But you can't get up there, as if you try, you fail the tactical mission as you are too far away.

:(

Yeh thats the one. But you can't get up there, as if you try, you fail the tactical mission as you are too far away.

:(
I found this Tactical mission a right pain as well so have done a doodle on how I got up there. I think it just stays within range.

The picture at the bottom is the side view of the darker red bits, sorry if it's a bit crude to follow, it was something I scribbled down in five minutes...

Red circle is the Tactical mission start 'thing'.
426763-albums762-picture5695.jpg

With the blue arrow pointing up on the side view, hang on to the front of the ledge and jump up to the left, you should grab the ledge above with the set of lights on.

Edit: I tested the original one I posted and that went out of range, so have corrected it.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance

I have also finished the story and completed the tactical point you are referring to.

I climbed up on the left side of the building and shimmied across on the white vertical lines to the front of the building where you can climb up into the main building. Once your in the main building you will be able to kill the rest of the baddies and take over the tactical point. It was a total pain in the arse but easy once I worked out how to get up and into the building. :)

you can only get the hope tower tactical point with level 5 jumping ability or with a helicopter from the agency tower.

How do you get the helicopter? :)

Once you've beaten that tactical location go back up there to get a helicopter that only seems to spawn once and will take damage at the slightest impact, even landing...!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom