World Cup Final 2010 - Netherlands vs Spain

Who will win this Sundays World Cup final?

• Netherlands

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Spain

Votes: 42 73.7%

• Total voters
MOTM - Robben

Howler - Webb. Sorry but he pretty much ruined the game with poor decisions and failure to take control early doors.

The best team won by a mile. Well done Spain. Best team in the tournament.

PS. Watched it on the BBC as I thought I preferred the commentary, coverage and pundits but they were @rse.

Last edited:
horrendous reffing by Webb. That was horrendous. Nasty tactics by Holland, should have been several sent off and Webb lost control of the match and made a bunch of poor decisions late on (Holland should have had a corner before the goal, and possibly a penalty - no replay of that one strangely)

edit - and yes the commentary on the BBC is rather biased - to the point they've just said they don't care if Webb made a mistake before the goal because they wanted Spain to win??

Plenty of teams play like that in the EPL yet no one moans about it

He lost control of the match?

Get a grip, there would have been no match if he had sent players off in the first half. Player constantly diving and committing fouls, the players lost control.

Anyone who blames Webb for the Netherlands losing is just talking nonsense.

VIVA ESPANA
yes baby :) Iniesta what a talent
spain the best team by far
pass anyone to death

netherlands should be thanking webb he didnt send 2-3 players off in the 1st half

You didn't watch it then?

Yes I watched it and he made mistakes to be sure, missed a few very obvious things. However, if anything he was far too lenient with the Dutch - they could have been down to 9 men by half-time. I was neutral going into this game but the fouls committed by the Dutch put me right off them and in the end I was delighted to see Spain get a well-deserved goal.

As I said, the best team won.

I certainly don't blame Webb for Holland losing. If he had any balls he would have sent Van Bommel off and maybe we wouldn't have been subjected to the other horrendous tackles and diving throughout the game. Shocking refereeing.

....and yes, I think Robben was man of the match.

He lost control of the match?

Get a grip, there would have been no match if he had sent players off in the first half. Player constantly diving and committing fouls, the players lost control.

im not. im blaming robben. he cost them big time

not blaming him for that but it was a terrible display of reffing. If he has sent off at least one Dutch player in the first half they may have cleaned up their act

for me the sub of the match was navas i think he was quality
man of the match for me iniesta

I certainly don't blame Webb for Holland losing. If he had any balls he would have sent Van Bommel off and maybe we wouldn't have been subjected to the other horrendous tackles and diving throughout the game. Shocking refereeing.

....and yes, I think Robben was man of the match.

There's been diving throughout the competition (Robben), as soon as a red card was shown, Spain scored. The game would have been over in no time had he sent a player off in the first half.

First of all congratulations to Spain.

I feel rather confused at the moment. I had the Dutch on the sweepstake at work so I am a bit gutted, but then again the way in which they approached the game was very poor. I was cheering them on near the end hoping they would score, but I feel rather deflated to be honest.

Gutted for Webb. The players particularly the Dutch behaved exceptionally poorly and made his life unnecessarily difficult. He didn't look happy collecting his medal with the boos ringing in his ears.

I happy the WC is over though, there were some great moments but not many. Ghana Vs Uruguay was the best match IMO closely followed by Italy VS Slovakia. Too many games were absolute stinkers though to be honest, Brazil Vs Portugal, Japan Vs Cameron, Paraguay Vs Japan to name few.

The French were awful so were Italy and many players didn't really perform anywhere near their potential. The ball was absolutely horrendous, the vuvuzela were a constant irritation, stadiums not filled, poor refereeing and top it all continued inept performances by England summed up a not very memorable WC for me.

and? It would be the right decision. Finding it funny lee Dixon banging on about Holland's dirty play considering his time in Arsenal's red card prone defence alongside Keown and co

and? It would be the right decision. Finding it funny lee Dixon banging on about Holland's dirty play considering his time in Arsenal's red card prone defence alongside Keown and co

Saying it would have been the right decision is debatable.

Dutch got what they deserved- nowt'.

They should've finished the game with 8 players but Webb bottled the big decisions.

Kudos to Spain. Best team won.

Torres burst his hamstring again- ouch.

As a spectator it wasn't the best game to watch, but hey only 4 years 'til Brazil.

And their excuse from elia's blatent foul by two players leading to the spanish goal, they said "well holland been kicking them about"

rubbish. quickly reminded why i dont watch MOTD anymore

Well thank god that's over.The worse world cup in history.Now perhaps that bloody noise will be a distant memory.

England can't play a decent football match let alone referring a game. :suicide:

What game were you watching, easily the best player of the game.
what game was you watching. if he was soo good, why did he bottle two yes TWO one on ones. come on tell me

I should expand on saying 'rubbish!' above. I disagee with both observations jonneymendoza. There arent plenty of teams who play like that in the EPL though there are a few bully teams (usually managed by Allardyce). I think referees in the EPL are usually much stricter so you wouldnt usually get any many blatant incidents as in tonights WC. Also any such incidents are protested by the opposition manager, match of the day and press, so to say 'no one moans' is rubbish.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom