Broken Sword Directors Cut (Remake) Coming to Wii!!!

Wow, I thought this thread would have generated more interest. :confused:

Oh well, :rolleyes:

If it was a brand new game in the same game play style as Broken Sword it probably would have generated more interest. As it is it is a reamke of a very old game which most people would have already played on the PC, PS1, Gameboy Advance etc. I guess if it is released at a budget price then it may be worth getting as the original was a very good game.

Wow, I thought this thread would have generated more interest. :confused:

Oh well, :rolleyes:

You might need to give it more time (sometimes it takes time for replies to filter through on a big forum like this :)).
I myself have never been that big a fan of point and click adventures, never having played many myself, and only recently discovered Prof Layton (which I suppose is point and click?).
The screenshots from IGN certainly look good.

If it was a brand new game in the same game play style as Broken Sword it probably would have generated more interest. As it is it is a reamke of a very old game which most people would have already played on the PC, PS1, Gameboy Advance etc.

I'm a big 'Point and Click' fan and loved the first two Broken Sword games, but having only recently played through them again on my PC this version holds no interest to me.

As Moogle says, if it had been a new 'Broken Sword' adventure then it would have definately been a game I would have wanted.

I agree, I replayed through BS on the PC just last year and there's no point in me buying it for the Wii.

A new game should be made. Unfortunately that decision will likely be based on how well this game does.

My copy of this dropped through the letterbox today courtesy of Game :thumbsup:

Got it for 17.99 as well as they honoured the price i ordered it at.
(Has since gone up on their site)

Will give it a whirl at the weekend as i'm still playing Resi 5 :)

Broken Sword is a lovely adventure game, and I'm glad it's been re-released. I've played and completed all the Broken Sword games, and the first two are definitely the best.

I've seen the game released for the PC, Gameboy Advance, PlayStation, and now the Wii. Here's hoping that this and Sam & Max do well, and LucasArts will consider releasing their own back catalogue of classics through either retail or WiiWare.

Does anyone else remember an old PC adventure game released by CORE Design (pre Tomb Raider days) called Curse of Enchantia? It wasn't the best, but the graphics and story had a certain charm, and I'd love to see that one again too.

Broken Sword is a lovely adventure game, and I'm glad it's been re-released. I've played and completed all the Broken Sword games, and the first two are definitely the best.

I've seen the game released for the PC, Gameboy Advance, PlayStation, and now the Wii. Here's hoping that this and Sam & Max do well, and LucasArts will consider releasing their own back catalogue of classics through either retail or WiiWare.

I would love to see Monkey Island released again, true classics. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom