Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - discussion thread & opinion poll

How do you rate Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz? (vote only after playing)

• 10 (Genre defining)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 (Outstanding)

• 4 (Below average)

• 3 (Bad)

• 2 (Very poor)

• 1 (Appalling)

• Total voters
Is it just Gamestation that is short of Monkeyball? Should I be able to get one elsewhere?

I got one from Gamestation, think mine got 7 in.

I love it, one player is much the same apart from you can jump (and maybe the it's different as you feel like you are tilting the environment, not the ball).

As for the multiplayer side of thing it is great. There are 50 party games and many are turn based (helpfully every game says whether it requires the nunchuck and if it is turn based or simultaneous)

After that it is a right laugh, disk golf is like throwing a frisbee on a course, you have to get it to the end bit in as least shots as possible, hammer throw requires you to do a circular motion and release it when the time is right). Of course you have all the old favs liek monkey boxing, bowling, target etc, plus new ones like monkey snowboard and fencing.

Bottom line, if you have mates get it!

p.s 12/50 party games require a nunchuck.

As for the multiplayer side of thing it is great. There are 50 party games and many are turn based (helpfully every game says whether it requires the nunchuck and if it is turn based or simultaneous)

How is Monkey Flight? Still as addictive as ever?

My local Gamestation got 2 copies in, luckily I snagged one :D

Have had a few poblems with it not loading though, have put it in the Wii problems thread.

Never played Monkeyball so have been really enjoying this!

Can anyone confirm that you have to have a controller for each player even for the turn based mini games like golf and darts? I couldnt find anyway of adding more players?

I'm sad to say it but I'm really disappointed with Monkey Ball, I absolutely love the party games on SMB2 on the GC, but the 50 included with the SMBBB are almost all entirely awful. I think i'l try and trade this one in soon.

:thumbsdow

I loved SMB and SMB2

In fact the reason I bought a cube was for SMB.

I find the controls on the mini games confusing and often they don't do what you want.

In the main game it's great in patches but there are times I could murder to be able to use a stick instead of contorting my wrist at weird angles.

Also the tune isn't as addictive as SMB's.

I loved SMB and SMB2

In fact the reason I bought a cube was for SMB.

I find the controls on the mini games confusing and often they don't do what you want.

In the main game it's great in patches but there are times I could murder to be able to use a stick instead of contorting my wrist at weird angles.

Also the tune isn't as addictive as SMB's.

Must agree, the controls on some of the mini games just don't seem to work that well, its not a bad game probably more fun with a few friends and a few more beers.

Just got a copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids and for anyone who can't decide between That and Monkey Ball please get Rayman, played it for over 4 hours last night and its excellent.

Must agree, the controls on some of the mini games just don't seem to work that well, its not a bad game probably more fun with a few friends and a few more beers.

Just got a copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids and for anyone who can't decide between That and Monkey Ball please get Rayman, played it for over 4 hours last night and its excellent.

I have to disagree. Got rayman on launch day and it is quite amusing but it gets repetitive very quickly. i am about 50% through the game and have all but given up due to the repetitive games, crap collision detection and poor gesture recognition. i would say give it a try before you buy

Sorry should have put IMO, wouldn't want people blaming me if they didn't like Rayman.

Sorry should have put IMO, wouldn't want people blaming me if they didn't like Rayman.

No problem!

To be honest i love rayman. There are enough games to keep you occupied and the good mini games easily overshadow the bad ones!

Only played the game for about 30 minutes so far (decorators came in on Monday and house is a mess and Wii is packed up :( ).

1 player game - seems a lot harder due to the control system, I do not feel as in control as I did on the GC yet. But am confident I will get better.

Minigames - only played 2 briefly with a mate before putting Wii Sports back on.

1 was paper sumo (?) which you just clicked the pointer near the opponents origami (sp?) sumo bloke and knocked him out of the ring. Seemed odd.

2nd was throwing rings over pegs ala the old circus game. Niether of us could actually get the ring to be thrown....so we turned it off and played tennis.

Hoping I have not really seen the true side of MB or else it will be on eBay soon.

I'm sad to say it but I'm really disappointed with Monkey Ball, I absolutely love the party games on SMB2 on the GC, but the 50 included with the SMBBB are almost all entirely awful. I think i'l try and trade this one in soon.

:thumbsdow

Have to agree with you on this one. The single player isn't as strong as single player on the original GC titles, and the minigames aren't nearly as fun as Wii Sports or some of the games in Wii play.

Fortunately i've palmed off my copy one someone, and the sealed copy i got for them is going back to Game so i can buy something else. No other Wii games i really want at the moment though, i think i'll probably just get a refund.

I just got SMB (Super Monkey Ball not Super Mario Bros) just as somthing other than sports to play while i wait for Zelda, Red Steel and Call of duty for xmas.

For what little i have played (one world single player and a hand full of the 50 mini games) it doesnt make you want to play more, but on the other hand it is fun. The Bosses get in the way of the fun though

I had a quick go on a friends copy the other day, out of the 4 or 5 mini games we played. I found "Red Light, Green Light" to be the most fun.

I havnt tried the single player game yet though.

I have to say that of all the wii games i have got this is the most fun (zelda is a christmas present so havent played it yet). The single player game is great and i find the controls remarkably easy to use. I have smb2 for th gamecube as well and give me the wiimote any day over a joypad for this game. Havent had much time to muck about with the party games yet though, but as a single player game it definately beats rayman, wiiplay and wiisports.

Anyone having problems synching a second remote? how do you do it?

You sync a second remote by removing the battery cover and pressing the red button while at the same time pressing the red button on the Wii (under the front flap above the SD card slot) Keep it held in for awhile until the lights stop flashing.

As to this game (only played the mini games over xmas) Initially it looked great fun then you get into problems with the remote losing sync, especially the frisbee golf or the one where you throw hoops onto poles. My view would either spin in a 360 or not move at all, then move and not stop etc. This doesn't happen at all in Rayman or other games, just Monkey Ball so I guess its down to how it detects the remote in this game. I wasn't the only one with this problem either as I was playing with two others. It would have been a great game if not for this problem I can't seem to solve.

Anim

can someone please tell me what types of sport mini games does monkey ball have for multiplayer?

does it have football, bowling, baseball, cricket, crazy golf? I remember one of the old GC ones i have which had baseball and rowing etc..

Are these sports mini games any good in SMB? For example is the baseball and bowling better than the ones on Wii Sports?

I got this game last week and found it to be awful, its going back tomorrow and I think I will swap it for Madden 07

When you complete a world,what does the golden crown mean on the number?

Worlds 1,2 have it but 3,4 dont:confused:

Can anyone recommend any of the party games for drunken fun, I haven't got time to go through them all.

Just played it, and I'm dissappointed. Control system is awkward and tilting my remote to collect some bananas and jump through a hoop seems stupid. Also the music on the title screen makes me think I'm in a nursery or something.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom